OMG i love the music

Re: OMG i love the music

Postby MrsTimon » October 2nd, 2011, 10:49 pm

Shadowland is my fave, it's so powerful!
MrsTimon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SweetNala » October 15th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Never seen TLK on Broadway but I but I have it on my iPod and I agree, that song is awesome. Its amazing how words in different languages that I don't understand and instruments bring out so many feels
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby Biomac » May 19th, 2012, 9:13 pm

I love the music it's so beautiful :)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Rhu » July 21st, 2012, 12:16 am

I haven't seen the show but i have the cd of the music. So beautiful, I agree
Rhu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » July 22nd, 2012, 9:40 pm

[quote="Rhu"]I haven't seen the show but i have the cd of the music. So beautiful, I agree[/quote]

I recreate my favourite scenes from the musical with my plushies.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » July 22nd, 2012, 9:51 pm

I have to admit: I have never seen the Broadway show, even though I really want to. :(

But people did post the cast recording of all the songs on Youtube, as well as some scenes, and I have to say: the Broadway show is an excellent addition to The Lion King. It's easy to see why it does so well, and why it still continues to do well.

Hopefully, one of these days, I will finally get to see The Lion King musical. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 31st, 2012, 8:40 am

I've already been to see it. It's fantastic. Went with my mum hehe :3 I cried 5 times, like I did when I went to see it in the cinema in 3D x) I think I cried before as well because I was so excited x) But yeah, it's amazing ^_^ The songs are one of the best parts, and I bought the CD afterwards.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Sigurd » June 11th, 2013, 12:27 am

I also liked the music in TLKoB, can't say I didn't any of the songs.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Meskhenet » June 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm

My favorite all time song is Shadowland. But I prefer the South African version, and for some reason I try to avoid the English (The Lion King Original Broadway Cast Recording) version for two reasons. 1) I've listened to it so many times that I find it boring. 2) After listening to the foreign language version I'm slightly disappointed that the "mdali wam" wasn't included.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Sigurd » June 29th, 2013, 11:34 pm

[quote="Abigail Beatty"]My favorite all time song is Shadowland. But I prefer the South African version, and for some reason I try to avoid the English (The Lion King Original Broadway Cast Recording) version for two reasons. 1) I've listened to it so many times that I find it boring. 2) After listening to the foreign language version I'm slightly disappointed that the "mdali wam" wasn't included.[/quote]

I like both versions for different reasons, the English has more power and more emotional lyrics, whereas the African version feels more genuinely African. I still cannot decide which one is the best.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

PreviousNext

Return to Other Information