Help please? Assignment on Rafiki's tree.

Help please? Assignment on Rafiki's tree.

Postby jinxx » September 19th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Hi everyone! I'm doing an assignment at school where we have to create a paper model of Rafiki's tree. Does anyone have any pictures, information, etc. that will be of use to me?
I would very much appreciate:
-drawings of the structure of Rafiki's tree
-the size of Rafiki compared to the tree
-different items in the Tree of Life
-pictures of different angles of the tree (inside and out)

Also, is Rafiki's home in the branches of the tree or inside of the tree trunk?

Thank you! :)
jinxx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Help please? Assignment on Rafiki's tree.

Postby TheLionPrince » September 19th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Welcome to My Lion King Forum, jinx!

First off, Rafiki's tree is similiar in structure to a African boabob tree, or an Adansonia digitata, which are mostly populated in western, northeastern, central, and southern Africa.

Here are the angles of the tree inside and out from the first movie:

^This picture is from the opposite side angle of the tree in the first picture.

Here are more pictures of the tree in Simba's Pride. Please note it looks slighty different than from the one in the first film.

^This is the tree from a northern angle.

The different items in the tree according to the screenshots appear to be hanging fruits dangling from a vine, a large tortoise shell, dried fruit paste in a shell (the one seen below in pictures 2 and 3), and Rafiki's stick.

Well, a boabob tree stands up to 25 meters tall according to this source while a male mandrill stands up to 3 feet tall according to this source. Convert 3 feet into meters, and you get: 3 ft equals 0.9144 meters. So Rafiki stands less than 1 meter relative to his tree, which equals 25 meters.

Hope that helps. :)
Last edited by TheLionPrince on September 19th, 2012, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » September 19th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Great pics, TheLionPrince!

And is it just me, or is the tree smaller compared to the surrounding scenery in SP?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby cleargreenwater » September 19th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Are you in Hasira Kali's class?
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby AdAstrα » September 19th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Can I just say that that's an awesome assignment. I would've died of happiness if we'd ever done this at school. God bless.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 19th, 2012, 5:13 pm

^ Same. Ah well, nothing involving Disney every happens in my classes :P
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby jinxx » September 20th, 2012, 6:48 am

Thank you so much, TheLionPrince! Really appreciate the help :]

Hasira Kali? Sorry cleargreenwater, I honestly don't know who that is.

The assignment is to create a paper model stage of a scene from a film/broadway production. I chose Lion King :] (of course).
jinxx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby cleargreenwater » September 20th, 2012, 12:39 pm

[quote="jinxx"]Thank you so much, TheLionPrince! Really appreciate the help :]

The assignment is to create a paper model stage of a scene from a film/broadway production. I chose Lion King :] (of course).[/quote]

Ooooh, a stage class. Okay XD Nah, one of the other members here, Hasira Kali, is a teacher IRL. That's not her though, you're safe, LOL.

Good luck with your stage mock-up!
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby TheLionPrince » September 20th, 2012, 5:43 pm

[quote="jinxx"]Thank you so much, TheLionPrince! Really appreciate the help :]

The assignment is to create a paper model stage of a scene from a film/broadway production. I chose Lion King :] (of course).[/quote]

You're welcome. I'm glad to help.

And when you're finished with your paper model, may you upload the image on this thread? I would love to see it.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Ninaroja » September 22nd, 2012, 12:32 am

We don't specifically get Disney related assignments at my school, but if I'm able to, I fit them in!
For example, I recently had to do a presentation in Spanish class about anything I wanted, so I chose to do a presentation about Disney films! I dedicated a slide to "El rey León" and explained that "es mi Película favorita porque era la primer pelí que he visto cuando tuve dos anos" i.e. It is my favourite film because it was the first film I ever saw when I was two years old".
Also, the subject for the personal writing component of my English exam was to write about "My Favourite Saturday". I chose to write about the day I saw TLK in 3d because it was such a momentuous day to see my favourite film of all time on the big screen at long last. And I got an A* for it, so it was worth it!
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Return to Other Information