The Kid Critic's Review of the Lion King in 3D

Re: The Kid Critic's Review of the Lion King in 3D

Postby Noah » March 10th, 2012, 4:11 am

You should see what rating he gave to Inception :/
Seriously, it takes a lot of talent and experience to be a reputable movie critic.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Biomac » March 10th, 2012, 4:26 am

What rating did he gave to Inception? An F I guess? :lol:
Just kidding ;)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby KodyBoy555 » September 8th, 2012, 2:41 am

Go check out Siskel and Ebert's review on "The Lion King".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVaSaTezXzo
Being a animator is a ultimate step to become one.
KodyBoy555

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Montgomery, Minnesota (Mom) and Shakopee, Minnesota (Dad)
Nickname(s): Kody the Fox
Pride Points: 1

Postby Biomac » September 8th, 2012, 4:57 am

Sorry, yuck again, so much underrated :roll:

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby SimbasGuard » September 8th, 2012, 6:11 am

That is why I put no stock in what critics say.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » September 8th, 2012, 8:45 pm

[quote="KodyBoy555"]Go check out Siskel and Ebert's review on "The Lion King".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVaSaTezXzo[/quote]

I've seen Siskel & Ebert's televised review of TLK countless times. Disagree with Siskel's statement that the songs are not memorable, Simba being a dull character, and not being as great as the previous Disney movies.

But I can agree with Ebert on the film being more somber and serious than other Disney animated films, and that Scar is a memorable villian, but he also agrees that the songs are not memorable in his review.

On a final note, I think they spoiled half of the movie in the review.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Yes, they did spoil most of the movie. I was all 0.o when they said "and what kind of Disney movie doesn't have parental death..." (or something like that). Because I would assume that when they release a review for when The Lion King was still new, they would try and not spoil one of the biggest scenes in the movie.

As for reviews, I find that the most helpful ones come from your friends and family. They know what kind of things you look for in a review, and sometimes even a comment is all that is needed instead of a big fancy review. For example, one of the best reviews for The Lion King I ever heard (and it was from a family member) was this: "The Lion King is a great movie. Except it has one problem: Why is it a children's movie?"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ninaroja » September 9th, 2012, 2:05 am

Has anyone ever seen the Confused Matthew review of TLK? I had to try and stop myself from destroying my computer!
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheLionPrince » September 9th, 2012, 11:38 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]Has anyone ever seen the Confused Matthew review of TLK? I had to try and stop myself from destroying my computer![/quote]

I have!

Confused Matthew's review was debated here on this forum already (if anyone wants to read it): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=679
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Timon the great » June 4th, 2013, 8:18 am

Circle of Life scene playing in TLK 1:

FS: "It's the Circle of Cashhhhhhhhhhhhhh

{African background chant}

And it moves us all

Through despair and hope"...

I'll definitely credit the young critic for coming up with "Cash" instead of "Life" in that song. But come on. Can't some TLK fans take it easy and a little joke? It's not like this would actually degrade the film itself. Ya know. Image

I think what's not being understood here is that this person was Just reviewing the 3D presentation of the movie in theaters. Although technically, he is right about Disney trying to rack in more dollars by putting the movie back in theaters the last time. Which was good. Because it helped revive the franchise again out there.

As a critic, he's too young for many people to give into his reviews. So what would TLK fans have to worry about here?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to Other Information