The Kid Critic's Review of the Lion King in 3D

The Kid Critic's Review of the Lion King in 3D

Postby Panda-chan » September 27th, 2011, 12:45 am

Grade: C-

Watch it here:

Anyone else want to punch this brat in the face? :roll: He obviously couldn't tell an amazing movie if it was rammed up his ***. I mean, damn. I wasn't even alive when TLK came out in theaters, and even I recognize it as a classic. And it's not just The Lion King he reviewed poorly either. He gave Inception a C, Scott Pilgrim a D+, the Smurfs a B+, Pirates of the Caribbean a D, Marley and Me a C, Cars 2 a B+. Something is seriously wrong here. :headache:
Bottom line: you shouldn't let an immature 13-year-old rate movies. Leave that to the more experienced and intelligent adults. :P
(lol btw mods, excuse the language, I very mad)
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Re: The Kid Critic's Review of the Lion King in 3D

Postby DGFone » September 27th, 2011, 1:03 am

I don't care if it's the "Circle of Cash" As the kid calls it, The Lion King is still a good movie. He needs to go back to playing Call of Duty, because he doesn't know how to review movies. He gave Cars 2 a B+? Yes, as a technical CGI film, Cars 2 is good. As a movie? Bad. But Cars 2 is a movie, not a tech demo...

Yes, this kid doesn't know what he's saying.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » September 27th, 2011, 1:09 am

ITTT'S THE CIRCLE OF CASHHHHH!!! :lol: :lol: You have admit that part was funny.

Anyway, about the review, I don't feel any need to punch the Kid Critic, although he lacks taste in movie reviewing, and not very reliable. Also, keep in mind, he reviewed the 3D only, and never reviewed the actual film itself, though he mentioned as one of the most popular Disney films. But, anyway, The Lion King is and will always remain a classic over moviegoers, and no single bad review will change anything.

He also mentioned that the movie has some scenes that "are tough to watch" for children, but when I was young (and I know I'm not like every youngster), I was calm during the wildebeest stampede and rooted for Simba against Scar during the fight sequence; whether seeing it on the big screen or not is irrelevant. Even Walt Disney, I recall, said kids like to be scared. Kids can handle a dark element or scary sequence as along as the filmmakers can do it in good taste.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KentuckyWildcat » September 27th, 2011, 5:46 am

I wouldn't pay too much attention to him, he's more of a novelty than a respected, serious critic. That being said, he shows poor taste in rating Smurfs and Cars 2 at a B+. In fact, he kind of reflects the problems with "family" movies in general right know. For some reason, people are scared to put the least hint of complexity and/or darkness into these movies and instead we get one movie after another with terrible plots that rely far too much on fart gags instead of actual wit. Maybe I just got spoiled growing up with movies like TLK, Toy Story, and Ice Age (the original, not the horrid sequels) but it seems to me that the turkeys are becoming more common recently. *steps off of soapbox
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby DGFone » September 27th, 2011, 5:51 am

Just realized: I clicked on the window to pop it up on a youtube page. 4 likes, 327 dislikes. Or: 1.3% of people liked it. 98.7$ disliked it. I don't know how long this guy will last.

Edit: It appears that all of his videos have such a ratio of likes/dislikes. I don't even feel bad for him, because as a reviewer, he is quite bad. Note: I felt bad for Friday. That's how I feel about bad ratios.

Also about the review: he complained how many of the scenes were blurry and stuff. Simple solution: Check how clean your glasses are. I found out the hard way. (Only spoiled the first minute, though.)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby SimbasGuard » September 28th, 2011, 12:12 am

I get the impression that the kid read what the other critics had to say (Because I honestly believe, that I've heard that Circle of Cash line somewhere else. Although this is the first time I've heard it sung) and just went along with their opinion just to sound professional. Also like TheLionPrince said he only reviewed the 3D not the movie. Although his opinion still makes me want to unsheathe my claws.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KingKivuli » September 28th, 2011, 12:42 am

seriously who lets kids review films. it takes years to become a good film critic (i did uni in media so i know :P) a 13 year old should just enjoy and i dont care if he has had 'training' a kid is a kid he knows what he likes and doesnt like. He doesnt even look old enough to have seen it in 1994 so who is he to actually judge?
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2011, 1:01 am

I will give it to him: He knows how to speak in front of a camera. But that't it. As far as actually reviewing goes, yeah... he's bad.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Baya » September 28th, 2011, 4:00 am

I say we throw him to the hyenas for his blasphemy against the church of lion king!
Gone for good.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby BlitzRogue » September 28th, 2011, 5:40 am

As others have mentioned, he didn't actually review the movie; just the 3D. So no real reason to get worked up in defense of a movie he didn't even really say anything about (nothing that wasn't a pretty obvious rehash of every review from actual critics that I'm sure he memorized before heading to wherever this interview was taking place).

And again, as has been said, he's good in front of the camera, but nothing he said had any real depth to it. He's just getting attention because a few people saw him, went "Awww... look at the little film critic! He's so cute and sharp in that outfit!", and decided he'd make a nice story on the news or wherever the heck this interview was...

I haven't really seen anything else from him, but if he gave movies like The Smurfs and Cars 2 a B+, while giving a masterpiece of animation like Lion King a C-, something is very clearly wrong with this kid.
BlitzRogue
Conversation Killer

| Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |

Nickname(s): Blitz, Kyle, KJOokami
Pride Points: 6

Next

Return to Other Information