Reviews

Re: Reviews

Postby whitewolf17 » January 16th, 2009, 4:04 am

I don't think that the sequel is worse, but I think it's different in many ways that people could think are bad.

I noticed the sequel to me seemed much more focused on the romance(which I wasn't too big a fan of the both movies;or most any other movie). The plot seemed much more predictable because it was kinda obvious what the ending would be like, unlike in the first movie where anything could have happened. I personally prefer the first lion king and even the lion king 1 1/2 over Simba's pride.
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

#1 Sonic fan

Pride Points: 0

Postby KiarasMate » May 17th, 2009, 8:42 am

I think a lot of people speak badly of TLK2SP, because they were hoping for a complete rehash of TLK and were not open to a new storyline. That, and the typical stereotype of Disney Sequels being utter garbage might have some affect upon swaying people's opinions. Me personally, I honestly didn't like TLK2SP the first time I watched it, for those very same reasons, but once I opened my mind and let go of the fact that this movie wasn't going to be the same old thing, which in reason, is much better as far as movies go, but yeah, once I did that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story, characters and songs just as much, if not, more so than the original. ^^ I wouldn't have it any other way now and probably wouldn't have liked it much if Disney did give us a plain old rehash of TLK with a simple II after it. hehe. Now, that raises the question for the next sequel though. Will it be male or female for the cub? Me, I'm hoping for both. lol. One male, one female, but that's more in part to my Fan Fic views and how it would impact the storyline. ^^ Won't get into that though here, since this thread isn't about that topic. lol. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » August 1st, 2010, 8:30 pm

I really like this movie! :)
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby Ruko » August 9th, 2010, 9:22 am

Its everyones opinion, everyone has their own taste. So just don't worry about the reviews of the movie.
"Its nice knowing you all" -ruko
Ruko

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You guys are irritating....

Nickname(s): Luigi
Pride Points: 0

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » August 16th, 2010, 4:37 am

[quote="Moka"]Image

LOL![/quote]

:lol:
LionKing4EVR96

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby Azdgari » August 16th, 2010, 6:11 am

I'm sorry, but I would have to agree with most of the reviews. At least from a filmmaking or technical standpoint. It's rife with minor (and major) continuity and animation errors, and more than anything OOC on a massive scale (is Simba even the same lion? And where's Nala?) I mean, if you look around the SP forum there's a lot topics where we have to make explanations or excuses and the fact is a good movie doesn't make you do that. We need excuses and explanations because mistakes were made and things were left unexplained. Tough but true. xP

I love the story, and I think Kovu and Kiara are cute as anything I've ever seen and are a wonderful pair of characters. I want to say I love seeing Simba come to life again, but SP Simba is completely different personality wise (overprotective, ignorant, rash, etc) and even looks wise (gained a few pounds xD). I watch TLK1 and admire Simba, I watch SP and am disgusted by him and how he acts, to the point where I don't consider him canon in SP because it disappoints me too much.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed SP a lot, and I loved seeing the TLK universe come alive once more. I love it, but it was sloppy in my opinion. But that's just me, and everybody's welcome to their own opinions. Just my two cents. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » January 28th, 2011, 4:33 am

I don't understand how they could say this movie stinks! :mad:
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Previous

Return to Other Information