Exchange Buddy system?

Exchange Buddy system?

Postby Loomi » August 4th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Okay, bear with me on this one! So I know that different TLK merch is released in different areas of the world and sometimes shipping can be completely insane or just downright not available at all. I know I spend hours on the US ebay feeling sorry for myself because all the pretties either won't ship to me or cost £40 just to ship!

I was wondering if we at MLK could work out some kind of buddy system where we can act as PO boxes for each other and then forward items on?!

So say I wanted something from USA ebay, I could get a US buddy to buy it for me and ship it to me and I'd Paypal over the monies for the item and shipping. Vice versa :- )

We could also pick up stuff from stores for each other when they are released, I know you guys seem to get lots of cool stuff in Walmart released randomly that we don't get here?! And I for one am miffed that I missed all the lovely stuff from Hallmark US!

Don't hesitate to tell me if this is a TERRIBLE idea, or if you have any ideas how best to make this work? :- )
Image Image Image
Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect
all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
characters belong to me <3
Loomi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tends to fall over

Pride Points: 5

Re: Exchange Buddy system?

Postby Bloodspill » August 5th, 2013, 9:42 am

it's a great idea. I'm from Poland and I can't find any LK t-shirt, the only thing that I actually could buy is a LK "swimming pool" for children.
Although I don't have a Paypal account, so it wouldn't work as for me.
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Arbystrider » August 5th, 2013, 10:06 am

[quote="Loomi"]
I was wondering if we at MLK could work out some kind of buddy system where we can act as PO boxes for each other and then forward items on?![/quote]

Is it really cheaper to have an exchange buddy to ship something to you as compared to direct shipping from whoever you bought it from?
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby AdAstrα » August 5th, 2013, 10:39 am

^ Probably not in most cases, however there's also the issue of things not shipping to certain locations (I get this a lot because I'm in Sweden). In those situations something like this might be practical, so I think it could be a good idea.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Loomi » August 11th, 2013, 10:37 am

I'd like to think too that it might be easier for someone in the US to send multiple things at once.. so instead of paying £150 postage for three seperate things it'd be more like £50? :>
Image Image Image
Loomi

Tends to fall over

Postby nathalie » August 12th, 2013, 8:29 am

Yes, multiple things is the way to go.

My friend in the US recently send me an envelope that had:
- 1 shirt
- 2 plushies
- 5 pins
- 1 lanyard

The shirt/lanyard, she got directly from the store.
I only payed 5 $ shipping for 1 pin, the other 4 all had free shipping inside the US, and so did both plushies!

And then to send all that to me was 16 $. (US --> Belgium)
So in this case, a total win situation!! :D

Because lately many sellers offer free shipping inside the US.
If I had to pay 2-5$ for all other 4 pins aswell, then it wouldn't have really mattered, but now it was a great deal.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Loomi » August 12th, 2013, 8:11 pm

That's a great deal on shipping for sure! That's exactly the kind of thing I'd like to set up. Even if I can't manage it forum wide I'd like to hopefully make a US friend who also collects TLK, so we can help each other : )
Image Image Image
Loomi

Tends to fall over

Return to Marketplace