Weirdest product Disney has put The Lion King on

Weirdest product Disney has put The Lion King on

Postby Todd23 » April 19th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that they made Lion King diapers? I mean, come on, this is a movie where the villain is killed by being torn limb by limb by hyenas and the villain convinces a little kid he killed his father after killing said father in a coup: best movie to market towards one-year olds! :lol:

I mean I don't mind it being targeted toward children but, come on, targeting it toward babies?
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Weirdest product Disney has put The Lion King on

Postby cleargreenwater » April 19th, 2012, 12:38 pm

[quote="Todd23"]Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that they made Lion King diapers? I mean, come on, this is a movie where the villain is killed by being torn limb by limb by hyenas and the villain convinces a little kid he killed his father after killing said father in a coup: best movie to market towards one-year olds! :lol:

I mean I don't mind it being targeted toward children but, come on, targeting it toward babies?[/quote]

First rule of baby products--they're never for really for the babies, haha. If parents want to deck their kiddie out in Simba, frills, or tinfoil, that's all the parent's yen. :lol:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Todd23 » April 19th, 2012, 4:16 pm

True but still it is kind of weird.

Though then again I've also seen Lion King thongs which is even weirder-who wants Lion King thongs?

Well besides some furries...
Todd23

Pride Points: 2

Postby AdAstrα » April 19th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Is it weird that I'd totally buy TLK diapers for my kids? xD LOL

I do see your point though. I've seen the thongs on Ebay and I can't imagine why anyone would want those either.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby WindAnnWise » April 19th, 2012, 6:42 pm

AdAstra: No, that's not weird at all.

The thongs seem weird.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Jiirani » April 19th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Parents buy all sorts of stupid stuff. They put muppets on kitchen roll, I mean, it's all about the decoration really. The baby doesn't care.
Lol no the thongs are just weird lol

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby cleargreenwater » April 19th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Eww, thongs? xD Yeah....That does not....no.

Although I must go looking for that to see it now!

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Postby pitbullangel » April 19th, 2012, 8:12 pm

the thongs aren't official disney products, I've seen them before, they iron on the images, and you can put those images on pretty much anything. as for diapers, there are bunnies, and bears, and mickey and elmo and dora and so on and so forth. a lot of times especially during the hotter weather people have their babies in just a diaper, in fact it's encouraged by most parenting guides to give the child's skin some breathing once in awhile when they're running around in the house. so why not have a cute diaper? and really children over a year old Can pick out what they like, my daughter is 14 months and she clearly shows what excites her whether it be food, toys or clothes......lol plus, when you're the mommy and you change about 20 of them things a day (give or take) it doesn't hurt to have them have cute little characters on them lol, also telling you squirming child, here's your elmo diaper sometimes works to distract them enough that you can put the thing on them quickly.. I wouldn't go right to saying parents buy stupid stuff, buying cute things lightens the mood in the home. they bring smiles, they bring child-like pleasures that just didn't exist until you became a parent.
pitbullangel
4ever Lion King Fan

Pit Bull Advocate

Pride Points: 4

Postby Panda-chan » April 20th, 2012, 1:04 am

I know of at least one person who would spend every bit of cash they own on this very product.

*will say no more*
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby cleargreenwater » April 20th, 2012, 1:36 am

[quote="Amanda"]I know of at least one person who would spend every bit of cash they own on this very product.

*will say no more*[/quote]

I hope we are back to talking about the baby products!

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Next

Return to Marketplace