What's your favorite song from TLKoB, and why?

Re: What's your favorite song from TLKoB, and why?

Postby bernie_mad » April 1st, 2011, 8:25 pm

Shadowland and Endless Night. :)
bernie_mad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

:D Boo!

Pride Points: 0

Postby Azerane » May 21st, 2011, 8:17 am

It's been some time now since I've seen it, and I'll never tire of listening to the recording, but you just can't beat the feeling and emotion packed into a live show. I really enjoy most of the songs from the show, though in the times I've seen it, I honestly found I Just Can't Wait to Be King and Chow Down to be a bit weak, whether it was the choreography combined with the singers, I'm not sure.

In any case, I have always loved, and always will love Circle of Life (I just love seeing all those animals and the amazing ways they brought them to life), One By One, Endless Night and Shadowland is beautiful too.

I understand the sentiments regarding seeing Shadowland in the movie, and I agree, it would make a beautiful animated scene. However I find that for the movie to have the full effect that it does, I don't think you can really add it in there. When Simba is an adult in the jungle, he doesn't know Nala is still alive, and neither do we! We haven't seen her since she was a cub so we don't know her fate. If you add Shadowland in there, it ruins the surprise of their reunion. Otherwise, I'm all for it :P
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby ShweleBaba » September 18th, 2011, 6:34 am

One by One and Endless Night (especially the French version)

One by One has such powerful lyrics and a powerful message. I love the a cappella choir...it's just such a wonderful and powerful song. Easily one of the best imho. I like Endless Night for adding more depth to Simba.

Je sais que derrière les nuages va naître un grand soleil!
ShweleBaba
Siyakubongela

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Busa Simba, busa Simba!

Pride Points: 2

Postby Konga » September 21st, 2011, 6:32 pm

I think Shadowland is an extremely powerful song. I just love how the producers converted most of the African medleys into English so that we can understand them in a different way. :) I almost want to cry during the Broadway version of Can You Feel the Love Tonight-especially at the very end. :cutesimba: The instrumental bit in the middle of the song is also really beautiful as well!
Mai siggy has invisible powerzz!
Konga
The question is..who are you?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Everything's Magic~

Nickname(s): Jen, Konga
Pride Points: 6

Postby AdAstrα » September 21st, 2011, 9:14 pm

Shadowland is lovely <3
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Konga » September 22nd, 2011, 5:35 pm

Agreed! :D
Mai siggy has invisible powerzz!
Konga
The question is..who are you?

~Everything's Magic~

Nickname(s): Jen, Konga
Pride Points: 6

Postby SweetNala » October 15th, 2011, 3:08 pm

I like Lioness Hunt and Shadowland
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Pride Points: 7

Postby AliceLondon » December 1st, 2011, 3:25 pm

Endless Night and He Lives In You. I saw a great video of the London Rafiki and Simba performing it on TV in the UK: http://www.lionkingtickets.net/videos/ Ahh goosebumps!
AliceLondon

Pride Points: 0

Postby RainKissedLioness » December 18th, 2011, 7:53 pm

My favorites, besides the songs everyone loves, are Grasslands Chant, The Lioness Hunt and Lea Halalela!!! These three songs are so beautiful!!!! :cutenala: :lovingsmile2: :proud2: :happy2:
*Keeper of Nala's Courage*
My pronouns: they/them.
It's the Circle of Life.
And it moves us all.
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love.
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding.
In the Circle,
The Circle of Life.

-Circle of Life

RainKissedLioness
The Circle of Life!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I love TLK!!!!

Nickname(s): Sagi
Pride Points: 2

Postby Ozy » December 24th, 2011, 8:09 pm

[quote="RainKissedLioness"]My favorites, besides the songs everyone loves, are Grasslands Chant, The Lioness Hunt and Lea Halalela!!! These three songs are so beautiful!!!! :cutenala: :lovingsmile2: :proud2: :happy2:[/quote]

Agreed. Also One by One. I love them in that they really set a mood and atmosphere for the whole story. And I find myself trying to sing them all the time haha emphasis on trying.

http://artofkellyjohnson.storenvy.com/
Instagram @artofkellyjohnson
Ozy
Ya like jazz?

I need you to let me touch it

Nickname(s): KJ
Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Broadway