What's your favorite song from TLKoB, and why?

What's your favorite song from TLKoB, and why?

Postby thanigraphics » December 24th, 2009, 8:58 pm

What is/are your favorite song(s) from the musical, and why?

I love the lioness' hunt, because of the a cappella singing in it. Really native African, it's awesome to hear how only vocals can make a song like that without using musical instruments :D

Endless nights gives me the shivers :( I love that song, because of the emotion Jason Raize has put into it. Too bad such an awesome musical actor and singer had to pass away.... :oops:

For the rest I love "he lives in you" because it reminds me of God (or whatever you want to call that entity that is always there to guide you, even if it's a family member or friend that is not there anymore, but you have the feeling he/she watches over you)

Well, now you guys! :innocent:
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: What's your favorite song from TLKoB, and why?

Postby Thani » December 25th, 2009, 3:24 am

My favorites:

Shadowland
He Lives In You (reprise)
I Just Can't Wait To Be King.

The first for the dedication woven through it with the promise made to return home safely, fighting for those close to you.
The second one mentioned for sounding way better then Mufasa's version (on album recording)
And the last for sounding happy and still being optimistic for the future ahead, reminding me of my childhood purity, when all this heavy load wasn't packed on my back yet.. So yeah, that's why :)
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani
Pride Points: 0

Postby thanigraphics » December 29th, 2009, 12:14 am

*takes away heavy load from her lovers back and turns it into happiness and love*;)
I just can't wait to be king is one of my favs since 1994 too! I remember so many times, beeing a kid and singing it, acting like lil' Simba :D
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby ScAr » December 29th, 2009, 10:23 pm

I Love Morning Report! It makes me laugh because Zazu is like my secound favorite charactor of all time.
I also like Maddness of King Scar because it has that comic villainy in it that makes Disney lovable. Well...Until that whole creepyness with Nala...
I really like Endless Night, He Lives in You, and Shadowland because they remind me of loved ones and family.
Gosh hard to narrow it down!

LONG LIVE THE KING!
ScAr

Postby Taka » December 30th, 2009, 1:15 am

I absolutely love I Just Can't Wait To Be King in the Dutch musical <3
Taka

Pride Points: 26

Postby thelionpride556 » January 7th, 2010, 5:37 am

My favorite would have to be The Lioness Hunt.^^
thelionpride556

-----/\-----\o/----

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 8th, 2010, 9:22 pm

I like "I Just Can't Wait to be King" because it sound cool, and also because cub Nala sing more in this song
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Deeri » January 8th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Shadowland because it's so beautiful and sad. I wish they would put that in the movie instead of the Morning Report.
I also like Endless Night. Why, I like the melody.:)
Wisdom outweighs any wealth
Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)
Deeri

Wisdom outweighs any wealth

Postby SimbaandShenzifan » January 10th, 2010, 7:20 am

^I completely agree with the "Shadowland" part, it was a VERY beautiful song.

I really liked "Rafiki Mourns", "Lioness Hunt", and "Grasslands Chant", they were all so beautiful in their own way. I also liked "Chow Down", "Madness of Scar", and "They Live in You".
Mood:Image

Keeper of :shenzismile:Image

Mood Button: Simbadaholic
Keeper Buttons: Moka and Simba
SimbaandShenzifan

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 15th, 2010, 2:08 am

Shadowland because is a very beautiful and emotional song
Grassland Chant because of the chorus
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Next

Return to Broadway