shadowlands

shadowlands

Postby daantje » October 29th, 2009, 6:42 pm

this is really a touching song for me. I loved it since i first heard it.
it's sad and powerfull at the same time. I heard it for the first time on a cd together with my best friend who was ill at that time. we were at the hospital and it was a hard time. But despite that, we both enjoyed the things we did together, like shopping, walking through the hospital, listening to music and reading nice books.
when I hear the song it brings goosebumps upon me.

Do you guys have this thing with one of the broadway songs too? a special feeling or memory about the songs?
ImageImageImage
daantje

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

kiara ^-^

Pride Points: 0

Re: shadowlands

Postby Mike » October 29th, 2009, 7:21 pm

I remember hearing shadowlands for the first time, it was awesome =0 I recognized the melody, and I was so surprised that there were lyrics to it! They were well suited to the song ^.^ I loved it.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 29th, 2009, 10:02 pm

This song is very emotional song, I love it since I heard it for the first time, this song always make me think on Simba for some reason
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Mike » October 29th, 2009, 10:04 pm

For me that one's all about Nala =) Nala's the singer after all.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby thanigraphics » October 30th, 2009, 1:38 am

This is a song with very heavy emotions in it, I recognized the melody from the movie too. It's very inspiring when drawing!
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Thani » December 23rd, 2009, 1:37 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"]... It's very inspiring when drawing![/quote]

And also for writing speculative fan fiction! :excited:
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani

Postby thanigraphics » January 2nd, 2010, 3:27 am

that sure is, my love! *grabhugs her thaniboy*
It's also a song that captures way more than just emotion. I like to lay on my back on my bed and listen to it, ad I think about Simba who sulks about his past after Timon and Pumbaa laughed at him, for telling them about what his dad told him 'bout the stars.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby reojohn285 » June 8th, 2010, 10:55 am

I was heard that song most of that time. It have been so emotional and also interesting. All the lines which is being conducted in the song was being touched to every heart. I liked it.
reojohn285

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): reojohn

Postby kovusbuddy » July 1st, 2010, 4:12 pm

awww thats sweet
kovusbuddy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Be prepared for all to come

Nickname(s): Kovu, Kova, Vuu,

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 1st, 2010, 9:48 pm

This song always makes me cry, it's so emotional yet beautiful 8) As stated above, it's really inspiring as well, and it really fits TLK. I wish they had included it in the movie... instead of the Morning Report. (Don't get me wrong, I like that song, but I prefer Shadowland over it.)
KopsTheTerminator

Next

Return to Broadway