The Lion King On Broadway

Re: The Lion King On Broadway

Postby Zeke » September 10th, 2008, 5:52 am

does it only play at one place at a time?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby Moka » September 10th, 2008, 6:04 am

Thats a good question :?

Are there multiple casts? does anyone know? >.>
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Brn97CitronWran » September 10th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I know that they played in both New York and somewhere in California at the same time so there is 2 casts.

I dont know if they were hired by the same company though.
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one
Brn97CitronWran

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » September 11th, 2008, 1:59 am

Yeah that makes sense. The show IS played a lot throughout the country.
Moka

Postby Moka » October 1st, 2008, 5:27 am

Le Roi Lion (The Lion King) Wins Moliere Award for Best Musical

By Andrew Gans
April 30, 2008

The Moliere Awards … the French equivalent of the Tony Awards … were presented April 28 at the Folies Bergere.

The big winner of the night, according to Variety, was the the French production of The Lion King, Le Roi Lion, which picked up three trophies. The Disney musical snagged prizes for Best Musical, lighting (Donald Holder) and costumes (Julie Taymor, who also directed).

Another American winner was stage and screen star John Malkovich, who was honored for his direction of Zach Helm's Good Canary.

Le Roi Lion opened at the lavishly renovated Theatre Mogador, Paris, Oct. 4, 2007. The Elton John-Tim Rice musical is performed in French. Lyrics and dialogue have been adapted by Stéphane Laporte, who earned a Molière nomination for his work on the French adaptation of Fiddler On the Roof two seasons ago. Stage Entertainment France, a subsidiary of Stage Entertainment, produces the show.

The Lion King originally opened at Broadway's New Amsterdam Theatre Nov. 13, 1997. Directed by Julie Taymor … who became the first woman to ever receive a Tony Award for Best Director of a Musical … the musical has become an international hit with productions playing all around the globe. In fact, the Elton John-Tim Rice musical has won over 30 major awards. Those include six Tony Awards, including one for Best Musical; eight Drama Desk Awards; six Outer Critics Circle Awards; two Sir Laurence Oliviers; the Evening Standard Award for Best Theatrical Event; and three Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards.

Le Roi Lion offers performances Tuesday-Friday evenings at 8 PM, Saturdays and Sundays at 3 and 8 PM. Tickets, priced €25-€99, are available by calling 338 20 88 87 86. Visit www.leroilion.fr for more information.
Moka

Postby Zeke » October 1st, 2008, 5:53 am

Does anyone know where its playing now?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby Moka » October 1st, 2008, 6:08 am

No but they'll be in Vegas next year. :)

I might go see it then!
Moka

Postby Jaynr » October 5th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Ahh, i loved that show :D it was one of the first broadway shows i saw, and has always been one of my favorites ^^
We had really good seats and the music was great too :) I wish i could convince my mom to take me again next time we go into the city :D
Signature and avatar by me. Pop over to my thread if you'd like one.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide.

My Novel - The Hawthorne Effect
Jaynr
Logophile

The Prodigal Daughter

Nickname(s): Jay, Snare
Pride Points: 9

Postby NightmareMoon » October 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Vegas.. hmm =[ If I ever get a chance to go imma see it.
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Moka » October 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm

There's an album with their music, too! Its great! But I really wanna see them live :)
Moka

PreviousNext

Return to Broadway