[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Shadowland. — My Lion King Forum

Shadowland.

Shadowland.

Postby Meskhenet » August 5th, 2012, 6:34 pm

What is your favorite line and/or verse?
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Re: Shadowland.

Postby TheLionPrince » August 8th, 2012, 8:56 pm

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SweetNala » August 8th, 2012, 11:47 pm

I love that song. It's my favorite from TLKoB. It really gives a feel to what the lionesses went through during Scar's reign.
The first verse hurts my heart :(
"Shadowland
The leaves have fallen
This shadowed land
This was our home"
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby Meskhenet » August 9th, 2012, 11:49 pm

I love the chorus as well. It's so catchy. :) I love the first verse as well, but I always cry when I sing it. ;) Thanks for replying. :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 10th, 2012, 7:35 am

I cannot choose. The entire song is too powerful to divide. I think this should have been a scen in the film. It's a beautiful look into Nala's state of mind.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Tora » August 10th, 2012, 7:43 am

The chorus is just amazing. Instruments were spot on. This song would be really hard to divide, but as SweetNala said the first verse is a heart breaker. It shows you what they went through.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 10th, 2012, 8:07 am

what is shadowland?
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » August 10th, 2012, 8:11 am

Only one of the most famous songs from the Broadway productions of The Lion King. 8-)

Speaking of which, shouldn't this topic be moved to the TLKoB section?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 10th, 2012, 8:18 am

ok, i [strikethrough]will[/strikethrough] am listening to it
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Regulus » August 10th, 2012, 8:26 am

I thought I already did that. :?

Oh, I see, this is a different topic. I guess I'll move this one too.

[quote="KopaKovuVitaniKiar4"]what is shadowland?[/quote]

This.

It's what the morning report should have been. It's the only song I know of that is calm and relaxing, while also being extremely sad and hopeful at the same time. Plus, whoever sings Nala's part has a really nice voice.

Most sad songs barely effect me at all. But this is most certainly one of the few that does. I don't have to try hard when I'm listening to it to feel like I'm actually there, looking over the destroyed Pridelands. How that is even possible is beyond my understanding.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Next

Return to Broadway