What's your favorite Rhythm Of The Pride Lands song

What's your favorite song from the album Rhythm Of The Pride Lands?

He Lives In You
46%
Hakuna Matata
No votes
The Lion Sleeps Tonight
15%
Kube
No votes
Lea Halalela
15%
It's Time
No votes
One By One
8%
Warthog Rhapsody
No votes
Lala
No votes
Busa
15%
Noyana
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: What's your favorite Rhythm Of The Pride Lands song

Postby DGFone » July 21st, 2012, 5:23 am

I know that no one voted for "One by One" as their favorite song, but I feel like this topic is a great place for this video. It's a slightly different version of the same song in the Rhythm of the Pride Lands CD, but this one was made for the third Fantasia movie, which sadly never made it through production and was never released. But we still have this great song from it, and a rather nice music video as well, which can be found on the The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Special Edition DVD.

Which version do you guys like better? I like both, but if I had to choose, I will in fact go with this longer version one. That said, I love the CD version one as well, and I will also say that I really hate to choose, and often I will find myself liking the CD version more, so really, the two of them flip with me. They're both great!

So what about you guys?

Edit: Changed the source from TLK SE to SP SE, as that is where the song is really found.
Last edited by DGFone on July 21st, 2012, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Biomac » July 21st, 2012, 5:38 am

Wow never heard of this version :-o , I love it but I still prefer the album version though ;)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby DGFone » July 21st, 2012, 10:00 pm

The fantasia version of "One by One" is a slightly modified version of the one found in the The Lion King on Broadway musical.

Speculation: I think what happened was that Disney wanted an African song for their next Fantasia, undoubtedly because of The Lion King, an went with "One by One". From there, I think they chose the Broadway version because it's longer, and had Lebo M. come in and rerecord it instead of just using the Broadway one.

Real shame that the Fantasia never made it through production. The song is really nice, and I would have loved to see what they would have done for the others.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Meskhenet » August 8th, 2012, 11:47 am

Lea Halalela because it definately fits into The Lion King theme. :)
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby SweetNala » August 8th, 2012, 11:49 pm

He lives in you <3
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby Carl » August 9th, 2012, 5:07 am

He Lives in You for me too. I'm gonna be honest, I just prefer the way it sounds XD
Busa is probably a close second, though. ;)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 11th, 2012, 12:08 pm

im gonna have to go with he lives in you, its a really good song. Its a perfect starting song for sp.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Previous

Return to Broadway