the Broadway show was abit different than the movie

the Broadway show was abit different than the movie

Postby shadowphantom » November 7th, 2010, 5:10 pm

i noticed when i saw the broadway show of The Lion King it was abit different. i guess they coulnt make all the scenes the same from the movie.
shadowphantom

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Twiggy
Pride Points: 0

Re: the Broadway show was abit different than the movie

Postby lemonleleupi » November 8th, 2010, 9:45 am

Yes.
I think one of the biggest difference is that Scar asks Nala to to be his queen. So in the musical version, Zira is supposed to be non-existed.
Everybody, thank you for praying for Japan!
WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!
lemonleleupi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Great spirits, tell me this young life's future.

Nickname(s): Leleupi
Pride Points: 1

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 8th, 2010, 8:39 pm

correct, it wouldn't have any sense just to replicate the same things from the movie
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby SonOfSarabi » November 11th, 2010, 8:29 pm

I wonder what would happen if they tried to realistically reproduce the stampede scene onstage.

Signature by Taka
SonOfSarabi

Nickname(s): Jason; Jace; The Wellman
Pride Points: 0

Postby atouchofgrace » January 2nd, 2011, 3:23 pm

Scar and Nala had bigger roles.
I don't mind it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby AdAstrα » January 2nd, 2011, 4:24 pm

The movie is about an hour and a half, so naturally they had to add things in order to make the show longer and such :) I don't mind at all, it adds more depth to the story in my opinion.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby atouchofgrace » January 2nd, 2011, 4:46 pm

[quote="QueenOfPrideRock"]I don't mind at all, it adds more depth to the story in my opinion.[/quote]
I agree. I like the whole thing with Scar going crazy and being scared of Mufasa. You kinda see it when Simba appears and Scar says "Mufasa. No, you're dead!". He sounds really scared.

Simba knew about Scar trying to seduce Nala at the end or they never brought it up again?
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby PrincessKiara » March 27th, 2011, 3:32 pm

I think it`s interesting how they changed and added certain things. It expands the story and adds more depth, like Frida said.
Personally, I don`t consider the musical "canon" (I`m not sure if that`s the correct word to use, I barely know what it means anymore) What I mean is: I don`t consider the musical part of the official story.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby StarlightLioness » March 31st, 2011, 3:15 am

[quote="lemonleleupi"]Yes.
I think one of the biggest difference is that Scar asks Nala to to be his queen. So in the musical version, Zira is supposed to be non-existed.[/quote]

Actually, the Broadway show started before SP, so of course there would be no mention of Zira. And if you consider that we never see Nala leave the Pridelands in TLK movie, it can be feasible that Scar DID approach Nala for his queen, Nala ran away, and Zira was a second choice who *didn't* turn him down. :-D
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nickname(s): Deadly Chakram everywhere else
Pride Points: 14

Postby StarlightLioness » March 31st, 2011, 3:31 am

I LOVE the Broadway show. I think it adds a lot more depth to the storyline. I like seeing the added scenes (which are natural because the show needed to be longer than the movie and the movie doesn't show every single day anyhow). I liked seeing the little touches that rounded out the characters more - like Scar's fear/madness (Mufasa's murder playing on what little conscience he had), Simba's hestiation when Timon gets swept away in the river (residual feelings of the helplessness he had as a cub in the gorge), and I think my favorite little flourish - the little chat between Mufasa and Zazu right before the stampede. Mufasa tells Zazu that Sarabi wants to fire Zazu, Zazu freaks and reminds Mufasa that he used to get into trouble as a cub, and then Mufasa lets on that he is joking around with Zazu and that he will not be fired. I love seeing the softer, more playful side of Mufasa, which makes the scene all the more bitter knowing that in the next scene, he's going to die.
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nickname(s): Deadly Chakram everywhere else
Pride Points: 14

Next

Return to Broadway