Lion king performance from Lyercum Theatre review

Lion king performance from Lyercum Theatre review

Postby dariusgib » October 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm

With a large amount of puppetry, acting and music you are already guarnteed a can you feel the excitment tonight experience without even including the actors, backrounds and singing. It begginning with Lebo M's circle of Life still as a amazing a specticul as it was on its premier in 1994.. Lion kings long painful climb from film to stage was a battle well won as it continues to stun aduiences would wide.

It is filled with many clourful characters from the wisecracking Timon the noble Mufasa the loyal Zazu and the conspiring Scar. Also briniging with much awaited character traits to the character Scar,Nala and Simba with scars obssession with immortality bringing him to the point of insanity and to sleep with Nala who is ten times younger then him. Nala's sense in right and wrong which would make her leave her loved ones behind and Simba with his fear of endangering others from a young age brought by his fathers death. But even this show had problems.

Winy little children have this grip on me that wont end till ive ripped their heads off and young Simba and Nala were no exception snuffing my Lion King flame minolrally. Either these kids were too good as actors or they did just have this gift of wanting to make the most pious man pund them to oblivion.They were so less annoying when they had been animated. Also i believe bits of the show were rushed Scars secong attempt to kill Simba, the death and mourning of Mufasa. Simba when he cries next to his body. All these bits i beleive were horribly rushed. Also i bleieve Sarabi was less defiant as she had been in the film as if her being made of sheets of paper and ducttape seemed to make her braver.

Though as i should say this is a theatre review not a one perfomance. Though Scar and Zazu's perfomance really stole the show and rekindled and further set up the inferno of my Lion King heart. Especcialy when as i believe Simba and Nala had buggered off and grown up for quite a stunnig and not annnoying return! Though yet again there were problems because in parts Mufasa seemed to carry a round a trusty pair of spatulas and Scar seems to walk like hes just experienced twelve years of pain from the Ginosaji which has broken his back. This would explain why there hasnt been any resent spoon movies and Scar's "I don't like you" attitude. As the show progresed it went further in detail and brillance its songs like He Live in You, Can You Feel The Love tonight, King of Pride Rock, ShadowLand The madnness of King Scar helped raise the picture. I truly believe it was brillant helping give the bright side of Africa another chance to shine and us as the audience another chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Thoughts from wacting the show

1. That was awoesome

2.Very good

3. Where the hell can i get one of those Zazu puppets

10/10

Raeffe seal of approval --------- add penguin here

Hope people enjoyed it as much or even more then i did :)
Image Created by Simbaholic

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Look what you've done to Mr Bigglesworth!

Nickname(s): Zazu Blackadder,Pingu, Machievelli,the artist, etc
Pride Points: 3

Re: Lion king performance from Lyercum Theatre review

Postby Rebecca89 » May 15th, 2012, 4:43 pm

What a lovely review, I totally agree with you! And it is great to see a review from an independent source. The only site I have seen, besides blog posts, that actually uses the publics reviews is: http://www.lionkingtickets.net/reviews/.
You should get in contact with them - yours is really well written , they should use it!

I saw the performance at the Lyceum too - I was crying from the opening song! ha.

Rebecca
Rebecca89

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Lion king performance from Lyercum Theatre review

Postby nathalie » May 18th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I saw it last Sunday at the Lyceaum Theater (we are talking about London right? haha).

It's a shame so many little pieces were missing from the show.
I didn't mind "Morning report" was gone, and the interlude with "Can you feel the love tonight", which is nice to listen too, but on stage, it was just quite boring, a few plants moving around the stage, so I didn't mind.

"The madness of king Scar" was shortened too.
And when the hyena's chase both cubs at the elephant graveyard seemed to have vanished too.

I saw it in 2006 for the first time there, and I payed the same for a ticket back then, then I did last week.
That's a shame ... same price, for a show that's now at least 15 minutes shorter :(
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Return to Broadway