The Morning Report cut from the show

Re: The Morning Report cut from the show

Postby phantomred » January 24th, 2011, 3:45 am

Aww, it was one of my favorites in the show. I like the movie version better, however. The actors seem to voice act in more character, and Simba sounds like Little Michael Jackson! :D
My YouTube. :D and My Deviantart!
Be Prepared. o3o.
phantomred

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

These Eyes Can Do More Than See....

Nickname(s): Phantom Red, M-Liz, Red, ML, Puppet
Pride Points: 0

Postby Pixie » January 25th, 2011, 5:40 am

Good riddance I rekon! I don't like the new song.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby TheDoctor » January 25th, 2011, 12:53 pm

[quote="atouchofgrace"]They should cut it from the movie not from the show.[/quote]
This.

I noticed lots of cuts when I went to see the show in London last and, while the rest of the show was as amazing as it always is, it took away from the performance because I was disappointed about the bits that were missing :/ Morning Report is the biggest loss, of course. But they've even taken stuff out of The Madness of King Scar and Can You Feel the Love Tonight. I wonder what will be the next thing to go... D:
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby atouchofgrace » January 25th, 2011, 12:58 pm

[quote="TheDoctor"]But they've even taken stuff out of The Madness of King Scar and Can You Feel the Love Tonight.[/quote]
Can You Feel The Love Tonight? But that's the most popular song of the movie! :-o
Simba will be the next thing to go... :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheDoctor » January 25th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Yeah, in CYFtLT they've cut out the long instrumental middle part with all the dancers... They've also removed the cool bit in Chow Down where the hyenas chase Simba and Nala around the stage on the moving set.

And I'm like "They cut that out, but kept the disco dancing in Be Prepared? What?" :/
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby TheRoguePrince » January 25th, 2011, 4:08 pm

I don't know, this is pretty messed up, a lot of memorable material is being removed..
TheRoguePrince

Postby phantomred » January 25th, 2011, 4:57 pm

My friend said she's seen it twice on Broadway (Lucky! D:<) and she noticed that it was cut the second time. And now my TLKoB Experience will never be complete.
My YouTube. :D and My Deviantart!
Be Prepared. o3o.
phantomred

These Eyes Can Do More Than See....

Nickname(s): Phantom Red, M-Liz, Red, ML, Puppet
Pride Points: 0

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 13th, 2011, 12:05 am

Wow. Your friend is so lucky :happy:
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby OwnerOfAllGames » March 1st, 2011, 9:21 pm

Maybe everyone is just tired of Simba..He was pretty cocky and annoying as a Cub...
- So prepare, for a glorious future!
- Be prepared for the prized Golden Age!
(We've got friends in high places, we hold all the aces!)
- So don't try and ruffle my gauge.
OwnerOfAllGames
The Veteran.

Victory is ours, men! Turn the cannons on them!

Nickname(s): Scar, Owner
Pride Points: 2

Postby JaguarOne » March 8th, 2011, 4:59 am

Woah, just getting the newsflash (a bit delayed, I know). I'm actually bummed to hear that they cut "The Morning Report." While it worked better in the musical than the movie, it's still one of those scenes that helped the audience to feel the bond between Simba and Mufasa just a bit more than they would otherwise.
Last edited by JaguarOne on March 9th, 2011, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke
JaguarOne

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Washington, DC - A Capital City

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Broadway