Madge Sinclair

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you think Madge Sinclair captured Sarabi's character overall?

1 (very poorly)
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
5 (average)
No votes
No votes
2%
12%
5%
10 (extremely well)
81%

Total votes : 42

Re: Madge Sinclair

Postby We1rdRaptor » February 11th, 2012, 3:54 am

I loved Madge's voice. It was so regal yet motherly.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
We1rdRaptor
The Almighty Crossing Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"You shall not pass!"

Pride Points: 2

Postby Biomac » March 30th, 2012, 7:08 pm

I think she really caught Sarabi's character and I love her voice. Anyway ALL the actors are excellent in this movie. And at least she didn't die before TLK came out, not like Heath Ledger during The Dark Knight. R.I.P. Madge.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » April 15th, 2012, 12:47 am

[quote="atouchofgrace"]You guys have to watch "Coming to America" with Madge and James Earl Jones playing king and queen.[/quote]

I was coming to this thread to see if anyone else posted this. Every time I watch that film I listen for 'Sarabi'. It's a shame she passed so soon. From what I found out she was from Jamaica and was a teacher before she got into acting.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheLionPrince » April 17th, 2012, 5:54 am

For a while now, my class has been watching the miniseries, Roots. I knew beforehand that she was in the series before watching, but when I saw her name appear in the first episode, I made sure to not miss her. Luckily, around episode 3, I noticed she was playing Belle, and thought she did doing quite well portraying her character.

But, when she is told that Kizzy, her character's daughter, is being sold to slaveowner Thomas Moore, man, Madge blew me away with his performance! She gave the right emotions and emotional reaction to when a mother is seeing her child being taken away from her, and there's nothing she can do about.

Her Emmy nomination was well deserved! Rest in peace, Ms. Sinclair!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MrTitans » April 25th, 2012, 4:54 pm

even though she did not do much she was greatly caputured

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby SNAZ » August 12th, 2012, 6:47 pm

God bless Madge Sinclair. She was an amazing actress and will always be remembered.
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D
SNAZ
Scar Rules

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But I still like Simba ;)

Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
Pride Points: 9

Previous

Return to Creators