Elton John

Elton John

Postby thanigraphics » December 24th, 2009, 12:34 am

Woah, there wasn't even a topic about him yet :o
He wrote "circle of life" and "can you feel the love tonight"
In the videoclips of those songs, you can see footage from TLK..
I think he's awesome! 8-)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: Elton John

Postby Thani » December 24th, 2009, 2:09 am

Elton also recorded his version for the supposedly adult Simba's view, remembering his days in the jungle, also reprising the IJCWTBK song used in the movie as it was performed by Jason Weaver, Original SoundTrack (OST) composed by Hans Zimmer and lyrics written by Tim Rice if I am correct about the latter. Just thought to let you know, that you'd prolly overlooked one EJ song on the TLK-1 soundtrack album.:)
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani
Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » December 24th, 2009, 7:27 am

I love Elton John! He's such a great song writer, singer, pianist. Overall a great musician, one of my favorites. I definitely enjoy his work in The Lion King the most. "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" is his best song. Its full of emotion and it has really clever lyrics.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby thanigraphics » December 24th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Thanks for the addition, Thanipoo :) I didn't even know about that CYFTLT reprise.....I'd love to hear it!:D
And yeah, I agree with Moka in this. For me, TLK goes hand in hand with Elton John. His name is even on the cover, and as far as I remember, he even got an Oscar (or got nominated for it) for the songs in The Lion King. Sad thing they didn't ask him for Simba's Pride. He would have been a great addition to that typical TLK atmosphere he created in the first movie :D
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby Thani » December 24th, 2009, 11:41 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"]Thanks for the addition, Thanipoo :) I didn't even know about that CYFTLT reprise.....[/quote]
Eh..? I did mention you'd overlooked the song named: 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' (IJCWTBK), but now you're falsely crediting me, for adding 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' (CYFTLT) song to the list?? Darling, YOU added that song together with 'The Circle Of Life' (TCOL) on the list in your original post already! ;)
*Forgives his loving mate's typo :lol: *
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani

Postby thanigraphics » December 25th, 2009, 9:56 pm

oops, my mistake! ^-^ But I do know that JCWTBK version of Elton John, but only since like 6 months.
ImageImageImage
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby SquashBanana » December 26th, 2009, 5:14 am

Yeah he's a great musician but does anyone else wish his version of can you feel the love tonight had the same lyrics as in tlk? Every time i here the chorus i hope he'll sing the lyrics from the movie but he never does >:( lol
SquashBanana

Postby Mike » December 26th, 2009, 6:06 am

He's great =) It's awesome to hear him perform his own songs like that.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby PrincessKiara » March 27th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Elton John is a wonderful artist. :) I like many of his songs, but of course I think his work in TLK is the best.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Eli_Ayase » May 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm

I love his songs specially the Nikita song ahhhh it makes me feel Dreamy :dreamy:
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Creators