Elton John

Re: Elton John

Postby Biomac » June 19th, 2012, 2:24 am

Of course he did other great songs. But he also did all the apart the scores - who had been made by Hans Zimmer - . Even if he did other great songs that I absolutely love, I still prefer his work for TLK.
And yes I know Flipmode you're saying your opinion but IDK why I felt your post was for me, maybe I'm wrong.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby FlipMode » June 19th, 2012, 6:54 am

Lol no one is " wrong " for liking a song more than another song :)
Like I said his TLK work is great, just not quite Candle In The Wind, Your Song or Rocket Man greatness IMO. ;P
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kassam » June 30th, 2012, 6:10 am

My dad always made me listen to that song Levon by him, and i must say that it is really good
"Mesonoxian? What does that mean?""Use Google lol"
Kassam
A Magician

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sorta...

Pride Points: 3

Postby Sigurd » May 31st, 2013, 11:47 pm

He is a great artist and I appriciate his work with TLK and TLKoB, but I honestly don't like his own versions of COL and CYFTLT, I think they're boring compared to the movie versions (but maybe it's because the movie versions are so great). He has done other good songs like your song and Nikita.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby OuRaion » June 1st, 2013, 6:03 am

"Elton John!"
"That's my name. Well, not really."

He's a good musician, great choice for TLK. His version of CYFTLT... Amazing.
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Postby MooLion » June 1st, 2013, 2:25 pm

Elton John! Woohoo! Saw him in concert around 2004 on a sweltering hot day at an outdoor venue. My very first concert (of a famous musician) and it was great! :D
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby juhouh » September 14th, 2013, 7:00 am

Not a fan of EJ but he did an amazing job by making CYFTLT to stay in the movie. They were about to remove it but Elton resisted. What a great song and a great guy ;)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby FlipMode » September 21st, 2013, 1:41 am

So guys, you are playing GTAV, You murder countless people, you have sworn more times within the five minutes past than most will in a lifetime, you steal a car, put the rock radio station on and then an Elton Jon song comes on!

Seriously though, that was one of the coolest things I did in the game thus far haha
And if you're wandering the song is "Saturday Night's Alright" lol. Great stuff.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » September 21st, 2013, 1:56 am

It would have been a lot better / ironic if they used Elton John's version of "Circle of Life", or even "I Just Can't Wait To Be King." Because if you think about it, you play GTA to be your own boss, a lot like what Simba thinks being King is all about. Plus, EJ's version of that song is also a fast-paced rock song, and it actually sounds quite similar to "Saturday Night's Alright".

"Circle of Life" is slower paced and more down to earth, but come on: What's not to like about launching a shoulder mounted rocket at someone you just gotta blow up, right as the song explains that "it's the circle of life" (and death / respawn). I play Halo with those songs playing sometimes, and let me tell you: it's actually very funny.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » September 21st, 2013, 2:03 am

I could imagine setting the attack dog onto someone with Elton's version of Circle of Life playing...
"Some say eat, or be eaten"...
lol
Oh, videogames. Making bad music sound much better since 198whenever
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to Creators