I got in contact with a "Lion King II" producer

Re: I got in contact with a "Lion King II" producer

Postby Carl » September 7th, 2013, 4:57 pm

[quote="MooLion"]I'm glad they changed the name from Bianca to Zira as it didn't sound very in keeping with the other African-ish names.[/quote]

While I agree that Zira is a much better name for her, I just wanted to point out that Vitani as a name rather than just a word is actually Italian, meaning "demon of war." And Nuka as a name is actually Native American and Greenlandic, meaning "younger sister." In Swahili, neither of those are names, vitani is a word meaning "ducks" or "linens, flax," while -nuka is a suffix meaning "smell bad, stink."
Several of the other names are completely made up to sound African. Most people probably already know this, but I just wanted to comment on it, lol.

Anyway, as for the rest of the topic, it was interesting to read. Good work getting this info, TLP!
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: I got in contact with a "Lion King II" producer

Postby Bloodspill » September 9th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Yeah, and Bianca had to be pale/white/creamy. It would be interesting to see this sketch (if it ever existed), cause Zira probably would also have different look...
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to Creators