Favorite Language.

Re: Favorite Language.

Postby jelle » August 24th, 2012, 10:19 pm

[quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]1) Scottish English <- Nevermind this, I didn't realize this was a TLK related thread XP
2) Latin
3) Dutch
4) German
5) English.[/quote]

you liked the dutch version? omg i hated it XD (i am dutch myself and just ._.)

i prefer English i actually liked neither of the other languances lol
(thanks miharuka :3)

"it's not too late, it's never too late"
jelle
the unforgiven

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We cannot forgive what we cannot forget

Nickname(s): POOTISMAN
Pride Points: 20

Postby Miharuka » September 20th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I didn't think the Dutch version was too bad.. XD
English one keeps the best imo. <3
Miharuka
Look at the TIME !!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Time for pizzer.

Nickname(s): Miha, Little POOTIS
Pride Points: 59

Postby Biomac » September 22nd, 2012, 5:35 am

English or french

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Sarafina_ » January 30th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I've watched English version once, but Finnish is the "one and only" for me :nukahey: Maybe it's because I've grown up with the Finnish version. I say, Finnish voices are the best! 8-) I also like Zulu, French and Japanese.
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

Postby Sigurd » February 28th, 2013, 9:38 pm

I grew up with the swedish version, which is quite good even if it have some flaws.
Still I like english version best. I've also seen the german, norwegian and danish
versions. The end fighting scene is really good in german, even better than the english version .
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » February 28th, 2013, 10:11 pm

I absolutely adore the Russian version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". And, as an added bonus, Russians also get their own Elton John version of this song as well. While I don't know about the rest of the movie, just these two songs are well... to die for. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ninaroja » February 28th, 2013, 10:38 pm

English will always be my favourite version ;)

I've watched more of the European Spanish version, but I really don't care for it. Cub Simba's voice actor is really lacking. Mufasa's death scene lacked so much emotion. :/

That being said, I love the Latin American Spanish version :) and I love all the Spanish songs for both versions. Being able to understand is a bonus as well.

And I also like the French Version of CYFTLT ("L'amour brille sous les étoilles")
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Biomac » February 28th, 2013, 11:01 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I absolutely adore the Russian version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". And, as an added bonus, Russians also get their own Elton John version of this song as well. While I don't know about the rest of the movie, just these two songs are well... to die for. :P[/quote]
I'd be curious to hear the Elton's version you're talking about.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby DGFone » March 1st, 2013, 2:20 am

[quote="Biomac_92"]
I'd be curious to hear the Elton's version you're talking about.[/quote]

And here it is:

In terms of translation, the movie version is closer to the English lyrics, but in terms of listenability, both are completely awesome!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbaTheShiningStar » April 24th, 2013, 7:09 am

Obviously English is the main one for me, but I also like watching it in isiZulu. It feels authentic seeing as the movie is based in Africa. :cool4:
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it...or, learn from it."
SimbaTheShiningStar

'We Are One'

Nickname(s): Vicki
Pride Points: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Creators