Storyboard directors of TLK 2 don't know who Kopa is.

Re: Storyboard directors of TLK 2 don't know who Kopa is.

Postby Pocahontas » November 11th, 2011, 4:08 pm

[quote="Konga"]But you'd have to admit, as DGFone mentioned, the two presentation scenes were completely different from each other. It almost appears as though the first presentation occurred mid-day and the TLK 2 presentation took place at dawn. The colors were also more enriched in the first movie..something I wish was incorporated into the sequel. :/[/quote]
They just re-animated it. No biggie. :wink:
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby TheLionPrince » November 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm

[quote="Pocahontas"][quote="Konga"]But you'd have to admit, as DGFone mentioned, the two presentation scenes were completely different from each other. It almost appears as though the first presentation occurred mid-day and the TLK 2 presentation took place at dawn. The colors were also more enriched in the first movie..something I wish was incorporated into the sequel. :/[/quote]
They just re-animated it. No biggie. :wink:[/quote]

I always thought they changed the presentation ceremony to match with the lyrics of the "He Lives in You" song, but either way, it's the same presentation (regardless of the changes) because TLKII filmmakers made Kiara the official entity of Fluffy.

Anyway, in case, you can't open the file I linked on my previous post, here's an audio recording of the same interview. The question about Kopa at Weinstein starts at 14:56:

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby VitaniOutsider » November 17th, 2011, 12:49 am

Finally! That's cleared up!
~VitaniOutsider

My Current RPs:

Freedom OC Pride

Gift from Feathertail coming soon!

VitaniOutsider

I fail at chatting!

Nickname(s): VO, Vitani
Pride Points: 2

Postby Noah » December 8th, 2011, 2:29 am

[quote="Regulus"]The bigger question is why is Pumbaa darker in SP? That is the most obvious difference.[/quote]
I've been wanting to know that for a while. Is it not that hard to match colors up. My theory is that Darrell Rooney took certain liberties and redid the color scheme completely.

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]THOSE INTERVIEWERS. They should have asked about Chaka, Kiara's supposed deleted twin brother too. I've always wanted to know if he really existed at some point in the story or not.[/quote]
Yeah, I would love to have some more information on him too. I can tell you that he did exist at one point. Tad Stone, a Disney animator, confirmed it in a 1996 email to a fan, who subsequently posted it on the Lion King mailing list (link may require you to sign into Google). A screenshot of the email is below.
simbaskids.png
simbaskids.png (17.85 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby MalibuTrashDog » December 10th, 2011, 6:48 am

[quote="Regulus"]The colors are a bit different, but that's it. :/

Yeah, they look different, but not what I would consider a radical design change. It's just Simba's cub mk1 and mk2. :lol:[/quote]

I like how they made Kiara fat.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Biomac » March 11th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Shame on him. I think that he has to know something like that :x

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Previous

Return to Creators