Lebo M.

Re: Lebo M.

Postby Wolfy » October 28th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Lebo M's voice makes me cry most of the time, particularly when I hear Lala.
Wolfy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hear Me Roar

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » October 29th, 2012, 12:53 am

[quote="Wolfy"]Lebo M's voice makes me cry most of the time, particularly when I hear Lala.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the only proof I have is of a YouTube comment about it, but what it said was that Lala was written when Lebo's father died, and that a lot of that emotion and sadness is in that song. I don't know if it's true or not (but I think I remember finding that elsewhere as well, so I guess it's true), but I do know that Lala is very emotionally driven.

My biggest gripe with the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD is the order of the songs - I would have had the first three be: 1. He Lives in You 2. Lea Halalela 3. Lala
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Wolfy » October 29th, 2012, 1:20 am

[quote]Unfortunately, the only proof I have is of a YouTube comment about it, but what it said was that Lala was written when Lebo's father died, and that a lot of that emotion and sadness is in that song. I don't know if it's true or not (but I think I remember finding that elsewhere as well, so I guess it's true), but I do know that Lala is very emotionally driven.[/quote]

I did not know that at all, but it explains so much. It is indeed a very emotional piece and one of the best on that soundtrack.
Wolfy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hear Me Roar

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 2

Postby Timon the great » December 12th, 2012, 8:41 am

Lebo, Lebo, Lebo. Oh how lost TLK would've been if it weren't for your voice in the songs Image ..

Well, he really gave the needed African touch to all three TLK movies. And when I say this, he also helped bring the feeling of TLK 1 to TLK 3. Even if it wasn't very much from him, in "Timon's Traveling Theme".

I do like all the work he did for the songs in the movies. Asides from his famous TLK opening chant of "Nants ingonyama", I found "Busa" and "Lala" to be very interesting as well from Lebo.

[quote="DGFone"]Unfortunately, the only proof I have is of a YouTube comment about it, but what it said was that Lala was written when Lebo's father died, and that a lot of that emotion and sadness is in that song. I don't know if it's true or not (but I think I remember finding that elsewhere as well, so I guess it's true), but I do know that Lala is very emotionally driven.[/quote]

Sometimes, when someone loses a loved one, it can actually bring the best out of them. Look at Beethoven.

I know it's not good that this happened to Lebo, if accurate. But still. His work for Lala is emotional but not forcefully and beautiful in its own way. Although, I think if the most emotional parts were even just added as excerpts to TLK 1, then it would've made the movie be considered "too emotional" as a whole. Especially being animated.

[quote="FlipMode"]Is he the guy that does the NANTS IGNOYAM thing in the beginning? Because that is fir some people, the first thing they think of if you mention TLK in real life to anyone.[/quote]

True that. It's gotta be the most generally recognized element of the entire TLK franchise to date.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Sigurd » June 23rd, 2013, 12:48 pm

Lebo M is indispensible for TLK soundtrack, he gives the movie a african feeling. I really love his songs "Busa" and "Lea Halalela"
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Previous

Return to Creators