Nala

Re: Nala

Postby Ophelia » October 2nd, 2011, 2:44 pm

I utterly adore Nala. She's a strong character in my eyes, and yet I think she still retains a certain cub-like spunkiness, which she particularly displays during the "Can you feel the Love Tonight?" sequences. She's got dignity and yet she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, I think - but what's really inspiring is the fact that throughout Scar's reign, though she is losing hope, she doesn't give up or back down. She stays true to herself, and tells Simba how it is and what needs to happen; but it's not just that, she motivates him. If not for Nala stumbling upon Simba in the first place, where would we be? She really does set in motion the events that are crucial to the survival of the Pridelanders.

And with that regarded, I think she's very vital to the plot and film. Plus, she's a really cute cubbeh, and she's gorgeous. :D I think Moira Kelly did a fantastic job as her voice, and I love how her voice is deeper but still has a feminine flair.

I love her.
Ophelia

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Man was in the forest.

Nickname(s): Abby, Phelia, Ophie
Pride Points: 12

Postby KingKivuli » November 14th, 2011, 2:36 am

beauty incarnate, loving mother, wise wife, can pin simba in a fight, and ages well. she wears the trousers of that relationship which s always amusing to see.. just wish she got more darn screen time in the second one
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby RainKissedLioness » December 27th, 2011, 3:35 am

[quote="CheetahCat"]How about we just say that words can't describe how truly marvelous she is. ;)[/quote]
I completely agree!!!! :D
*Keeper of Nala's Courage*
My pronouns: they/them.
It's the Circle of Life.
And it moves us all.
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love.
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding.
In the Circle,
The Circle of Life.

-Circle of Life

RainKissedLioness
The Circle of Life!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I love TLK!!!!

Nickname(s): Sagi
Pride Points: 2

Postby AdAstrα » January 10th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Nala has always been one of my favourite Disney girls. She's just awesome.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Michezo » January 10th, 2012, 11:04 pm

[quote="Ophelia"]I utterly adore Nala. She's a strong character in my eyes, and yet I think she still retains a certain cub-like spunkiness, which she particularly displays during the "Can you feel the Love Tonight?" sequences. She's got dignity and yet she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, I think - but what's really inspiring is the fact that throughout Scar's reign, though she is losing hope, she doesn't give up or back down. She stays true to herself, and tells Simba how it is and what needs to happen; but it's not just that, she motivates him. If not for Nala stumbling upon Simba in the first place, where would we be? She really does set in motion the events that are crucial to the survival of the Pridelanders.

And with that regarded, I think she's very vital to the plot and film. Plus, she's a really cute cubbeh, and she's gorgeous. :D I think Moira Kelly did a fantastic job as her voice, and I love how her voice is deeper but still has a feminine flair.

I love her.[/quote]

Omg, all my views are summed up in this post. Nala is my favourite female Disney character, and she always will be.
I am a colourful guy :]
A very colourful guy :P
"You said you'd always be there for me! But you're not. It's because of me. It's my fault" - Adult Simba, from 'The Lion King'
Made by AmyMarie :]
Michezo
I'm a colourful guy :)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

TLK is awesome. Full stop.

Nickname(s): Mick, Mike, Chezo
Pride Points: 0

Postby Josh » February 2nd, 2012, 9:37 pm

^^^ Agreed, still prefer Nala from TLK 1 as there's more of that childish sweetness about her. :D
Josh
Howdy

Nickname(s): Josh
Pride Points: 3

Postby Dark Huntress » September 15th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Nala is the perfect lionrss (and mate): she's beautiful, tough, talented, and loyal
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Chakatheprince » September 30th, 2012, 8:58 pm

I like Nala :). She's a very good hunter and she can have her playful moments. Who likes a always serious lioness? :P
THIS
IS
SPARTA!!!
Nah, it's just Chaka. :3 My name is Chaka. Im a brown cub with a kopa-like tuft. I have very cold blue eyes and sharp talon-like claws- so look out! >: D I personally LOVE TLK and Warrior Cats.
Chakatheprince
I can roar.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nah, I can't.

Pride Points: 1

Postby Timon the great » February 12th, 2013, 7:36 am

For the most part, Nala is a fair TLK character in my view. Even though she's second on my list of least favorites.

With me, the good thing about her is that she's a little more interesting than Zazu is. So I'll credit her for that.

The main issue I had with this lioness is when she infuriates Simba during their argument in TLK 1, when she tells him: "Good. At least one of us does". Nala took it further than it needed to have gone, and I understood everything that was being said here.
So I don't blame Simba for getting mad at her, and on the matter :x
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby ScarsLove » March 2nd, 2013, 6:12 pm

[quote="Ophelia"]I utterly adore Nala. She's a strong character in my eyes, and yet I think she still retains a certain cub-like spunkiness, which she particularly displays during the "Can you feel the Love Tonight?" sequences. She's got dignity and yet she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, I think - but what's really inspiring is the fact that throughout Scar's reign, though she is losing hope, she doesn't give up or back down. She stays true to herself, and tells Simba how it is and what needs to happen; but it's not just that, she motivates him. If not for Nala stumbling upon Simba in the first place, where would we be? She really does set in motion the events that are crucial to the survival of the Pridelanders.

I love her.[/quote]

^This is exactly how I feel about Nala. I also adore her personality.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters