how old are the adult TLK characters in human years?

Re: how old are the adult TLK characters in human years?

Postby Thegeni99 » March 21st, 2011, 9:23 pm

I personally know that the creator of the books had nothing to do with Disney.
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby Nitro » March 26th, 2011, 9:07 pm

I don't think he even had the rights to The Lion King
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby Thegeni99 » March 26th, 2011, 10:41 pm

that's true, he mentioned he was never incorporated in Disney stuff, he just felt like making the books, I wonder how they were even published :/
but, let's get back on topic
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby SweetNala » October 15th, 2011, 11:20 pm

IDK, but Rafiki would be OLD
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby Regulus » October 15th, 2011, 11:46 pm

My guesses:

Cub Simba: 7-10
Cub Nala: Probably a bit older than Simba, but by no more than a year or two.
Mufasa: I'm guessing in his early 40's at the time of his death.
Zazu: Somewhere between 30-40, although immune to aging, for some reason.
Rafiki: At least 50 in the beginning, probably approaching 80 by the end of SP.
Timon: Early to mid 20's, also immune to aging.
Pumba: Probably a bit older than Timon, but not by much. Also Immune to aging.
Adult Simba: At least 17 at the time of his return. I'm imagining that he spent 10 years or so living with Timon and Pumbaa. Chances are he was probably in his early twenties, although it is entirely possible he could be younger. With the exception of some modern cultures, the age one is considered an adult is typically far lower than 18. By SP I guesstimate he's probably about 25.
Adult Nala: Probably about 20 when she meets Simba since his exhile. About the same age as Simba, but once again, slightly older.
Scar: Same age as Mufasa. I know he is supposed to be younger, but he doesn't act like it.
Sarabi: About 30 in the beginning, about 50 in the end.
Sarafina: Somewhere in the 25-30 range.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Question » October 16th, 2011, 1:13 am

I figured Rafiki and Zazu would be in their 50's.
*I'm looking to RP :
*Young Justice
*Dinosaurs
*Nightmare before Christmas
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
Copy/paste this if you're proud to be an atheist too!
Love you emily123!
Question
Red Tornado

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Quezzy, Virus, AWESOMEMOFO, Sab

Postby TheLionPrince » October 21st, 2011, 10:19 pm

[quote="Thegeni99"]that's true, he mentioned he was never incorporated in Disney stuff, he just felt like making the books, I wonder how they were even published :/[/quote]

I believe Disney gave the book writers permission to publish The Lion King: Six New Adventures.

Now, back to the topic. I researched that the average life span of an African lion in the wild is 10-14 years in the wild, while the average life of an American is up to 75-80. However, I couldn't find any reliable source that would convert lion years to human years, so I would estimate 1 lion year equals 7 human years. It's also best to use the filmmakers's words to theorize the human ages for the characters, if any.

Young/Adult Simba: An August 1993 script written by the writers states Simba a full-grown cub, so he would be relatively a 6-month cub so, he would relatively be a 6 year old if cub Simba were a human child. As an adult, Simba would be about 35 years, as I predict Simba is a 5-year-old adult lion (due to that male lions are capable to challenging another male by that age) towards the end of the first film. So, Simba's Pride, Simba is in his 40s during the first half, and early 50s during the second half.

Young/Adult Nala: I believe the same theory about Simba can be applied to Nala, though the filmmakers have never confirmed that Nala is older or younger than Simba.

Mufasa: Mufasa is certainly older than a 5-year-old in lion years, as he's far capable of challenging another lion or any other animal, so he's most likely in his 40s by the time he died.

Scar: Although Scar is the younger brother of Mufasa, the film never specifies how much younger than he is. So, I speculate that Mufasa and Scar are born in the same litter, though Mufasa was the first-born, which means Scar is also in his 40s by the start of the movie, and in his 70s when he dies.

Sarabi: Possibly the same age as Scar or Mufasa.

Sarafina: No clue.

Young/Adult Kiara: In the film, Nala tells Simba that Kiara is "just like you when you were young" so cub Kiara would be 6 human years. Based on Rooney's words below referring to Kovu's age, Kiara is a teenager as well, but relatively a year younger than Kovu.

Young/Adult Kovu: Cub Kovu is slightly older than cub Kiara, so he would be about 7 years. On the Proud of Simba's Pride documentary, I recall director Darrell Rooney mentioning Kovu is a "teenage killer". Therefore, adult Kovu is actually a teenager.

Nuka: Nuka's age really confused me, since I didn't have the filmmakers's words to fall back on. So, I speculate Nuka, during the first half of the movie, is a 2-year-old based on his underdeveloped mane so he's probably an adolescent, therefore 14 human years. By the time, Kovu is a "teenage killer", he is in his 20s.

Vitani: Although unconfirmed by the filmmakers, I speculate Vitani and Kovu are littermates since they appear to be congruent in size and shape. Therefore, in my opinion, Vitani is also a teenager, but older than Kiara.

Zira: This one confused me more than Nuka did, but I doubt Zira is in the same generation as Scar and Mufasa, because she would be too old to bear her own cubs, so I speculate Zira is slightly older than Simba. Maybe, Zira is her mid 50s in human years throughout the second half of Simba's Pride.

Timon, Pumbaa, Zazu, Rafiki, and the hyenas don't seem to have age at all throughout the films.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby WindAnnWise » December 18th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Your ages seem accurate.
Zira looks pretty young for 60 to 80 years old.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 3rd, 2012, 10:14 pm

cub sim and nal about between 6 and 9 years old. as young adults, somwhere beteen 25 and 30 years old, because even though kovu and kiara are being laballed as ''adults'' in TLK2, they are a bit smaller still then sim and nal in the first movie as adults. so I guess they were between 20 and 23, and not late teenagers like 17 or 18.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Aiheu » January 4th, 2012, 12:14 am

Simba (as cub) = 8 years old.
Nala (as cub) = 7 years old.
Mufasa = 32.
Sarabi = 33.
Scar = 32.
Sarafina = 31.
Adult Simba = 22.
Adult Nala = 20.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImage
Image Image
Aiheu

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters