Mufasa

Re: Mufasa

Postby atouchofgrace » December 29th, 2010, 10:35 pm

[quote="Chumvikingpride"]yes i know,but my fav song is ''Je voudrai déjà être roi!'' of "Soyez prêtes"[/quote]
I Just Can't Wait To Be King and Be Prepared, right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby Chumvikingpride » December 29th, 2010, 10:36 pm

[quote="atouchofgrace"][quote="Chumvikingpride"]yes i know,but my fav song is ''Je voudrai déjà être roi!'' of "Soyez prêtes"[/quote]
I Just Can't Wait To Be King and Be Prepared, right?[/quote]
yes
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby Lauren » January 6th, 2011, 12:25 am

[quote="atouchofgrace"][quote="Lewo"]I think Mufasa was a great father to Simba, he was firm but loving.[/quote]
How every parent should be. I wouldn't mind to have Mufasa as my father.[/quote]

I agree. We never get to see characters like Mufasa anymore. He's one of the most intelligent and greatest lions I have ever seen in my life. He's so amazing to learn from.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » January 8th, 2011, 9:57 pm

[quote="SimbasMate1"][quote="atouchofgrace"][quote="Lewo"]I think Mufasa was a great father to Simba, he was firm but loving.[/quote]
How every parent should be. I wouldn't mind to have Mufasa as my father.[/quote]

I agree. We never get to see characters like Mufasa anymore. He's one of the most intelligent and greatest lions I have ever seen in my life. He's so amazing to learn from.[/quote]
This ^
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Lauren » January 8th, 2011, 11:03 pm

If any one wants to be a great father, Mufasa is the perfect role model for the job.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » January 19th, 2011, 3:54 am

Mufasa is one of my favorite characters. Go Muffy!
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby TheRoguePrince » January 19th, 2011, 4:08 am

The saddest thing to think is that all that wisdom and love is lost to the Pride lands because of one evil plan.
TheRoguePrince

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 19th, 2011, 4:23 am

[quote="SimbasMate1"]If any one wants to be a great father, Mufasa is the perfect role model for the job.[/quote]

I agree. That's one reason why it would've been great if they'd added more Mufasa/cub Simba scenes. But at least they did have an example of everything essential; him teaching Simba about responsibility and facts of life, him disciplining SImba when needed and doing it fairly, and him being a friend to Simba.

Although, I have always raised an eye-brow to the original Morning Report scene. Mufasa kinda contradicts himself in it. A moment ago he had told Simba that a king has to respect all creatures from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope. Yet he humiliates Zazu by focing him to be an target object at Simba's bouncing lesson. Even if that didn't contradict the ant/antelope respect idea, it was sending out a messge that you can treat your advisor however you please. (No wonder Simba lacked any respect for Zazu.)

I mean, in the original Morning Report version Zazu was giving the report in a normal way instead of bursting into an annoying song. Alrhough, I gotta admit he seemed to be giving it in unnecessary much detail. This by the way is one reason for why I like the extented Morning Report scene better. It gives a relatively more reason for Mufasa to have Simba bounce on Zazu and rather mischievous image of Mufasa (as Zazu doesn't notice anything), instead of someone who intentionally humiliates his counceler. o.O Though, even in the extended, it was a bit questionable thing to do. However, apparently Mufasa was good and nice to Zazu mostly as Zazu had full-blown respect for him and judging by his comment about a king making him sing for him.

I'm glad Mufasa has flaws and I do consider him a great parent nonetheless. I'm just sayin' that his choices with Zazu in the original Morning Report scene stick out to me. =D
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Pixie » January 19th, 2011, 11:30 am

Wow, I never thought of it that way :hesitant: But you have got a point. I personally prefer the original version but that's because it's the one I grew up with. But I guess Mufasa did have a sense of humour, and he wasn't humiliating zazu that much. If he had let him hurt Zazu then I would say that it was the wrong thing to do. And he goes from laughing to being all responsible in a millisecond, showing that he can be fun. I think the point of that scene was to show that Mufasa has a humerous side, even if Zazu got the short end of the stick :P
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Pixie » January 19th, 2011, 11:31 am

Wow, I never thought of it that way :hesitant: But you have got a point. I personally prefer the original version but that's because it's the one I grew up with. But I guess Mufasa did have a sense of humour, and he wasn't humiliating zazu that much. If he had let him hurt Zazu then I would say that it was the wrong thing to do. And he goes from laughing to being all responsible in a millisecond, showing that he can be fun. I think the point of that scene was to show that Mufasa has a humerous side, even if Zazu got the short end of the stick :P
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters