Kopa

Re: Kopa

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 28th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Jiirani: I am very sorry that your art was used without crediting you and I understand that it upsets you. But there is nothing wrong with me - I didn't know it was recolored by you because nobody told me (apart from you now.)

The chances are FlipMode either didn't know it was recoloured by you. Someone else may have failed to credit you first, either deliberately or unintentionally. I don't know what your recolor originally looks like, but in that cropped version practically the colours are only a degree or two paler than the colours in the original picture, which unfortunately makes it seem like it may have been done by a simple brightness & contrast change with a PhtoShop or something and thus not really countable as a creative work. No offense, but that's the way that particular cropped image seems, and then if someone's PC screen's colour contrasts was remarkably dark - they couldn't tell the difference too easily.

Again, I am sorry that your recoloring was used without crediting you. I assure you it wasn't intentional for my part.

Would it be alright to keep it up if I credit you for recoloring the used pictrure, next to FlipMode as the creator of the actual banner? (: After all the banner is non-profit art for educational and entertainment purposes and thys isn't breaking the Fair Use policy, which is also the only reason why you aren't breaking the copyright law either by taking credits for recoloring. (:
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby atouchofgrace » December 28th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Drama. *sigh* Avoid it, please.
[quote="dariusgib"]i allways pictured adult Kopa to look like this
Image[/quote]
Anyway, I like this Kopa because his mane is indeed brown and he reminds me of both Simba and Nala.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » December 28th, 2010, 5:24 pm

[quote="Jiirani"]I will... Sorry again :[ [/quote]

Apology accepted, however I was in the wrong here my friend so I am sorry to you also. I did not check the spoiler for credits, nor did I notice any in the post you made where I found the re colour picture. I just did not like the idea of being generalised as a thief for one simple mistake on my behalf. But it is ok, sorted now right? :).

SBS: I think that for all intents and purposes you should remove the said image from your signature, I do not want to be known as the artist for something associated with theft if it is all the same with you.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 5:26 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]Jiirani: I am very sorry that your art was used without crediting you and I understand that it upsets you. But there is nothing wrong with me - I didn't know it was recolored by you because nobody told me (apart from you now.)

The chances are FlipMode either didn't know it was recoloured by you. Someone else may have failed to credit you first, either deliberately or unintentionally. I don't know what your recolor originally looks like, but in that cropped version practically the colours are only a degree or two paler than the colours in the original picture, which unfortunately makes it seem like it may have been done by a simple brightness & contrast change with a PhtoShop or something and thus not really countable as a creative work. No offense, but that's the way that particular cropped image seems, and then if someone's PC screen's colour contrasts was remarkably dark - they couldn't tell the difference too easily.

Again, I am sorry that your recoloring was used without crediting you. I assure you it wasn't intentional for my part.

Would it be alright to keep it up if I credit you for recoloring the used pictrure, next to FlipMode as the creator of the actual banner? (: After all the banner is non-profit art for educational and entertainment purposes and thys isn't breaking the Fair Use policy, which is also the only reason why you aren't breaking the copyright law either by taking credits for recoloring. (:[/quote]

The origional recolor was just Simba with a brown mane tuft. It may not seem like much, but I do get distressed if anything like what went down here happens with anything of mine :/ This looks more like what the origional looked like, though there wasn't any of that sparkly stuff. Image.

Yes, you can keep it up. Ignore the message i sent you a while back xD. Now that the whole thing has been sorted out, i don't mind that much at all. I'm sorry for all the bother I caused you with this anyway. I understand that Flip didn't know I recolored the picture now, i should get my facts straight before I blow up on anyone again xD

And Flip, you can keep the image up if you want, I understand the situation now, don't worry about it. You didn't know, so it wasn't really your fault, and those spoiler things don't really catch my interest either xD If you want to take the image down, it's up to you, but you have the A-OK from me now that I know the whole situation :)

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby SophieCub » December 28th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Jirani: Wow, loves that siggy! :)

I love Kopa, hes one of my fav characters
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 5:33 pm

[quote="KiarasPal"]Jirani: Wow, loves that siggy! :)

I love Kopa, hes one of my fav characters[/quote]

Thanks ^^ And same, I love Kopa~ He's so cute ! <3

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby Simbadacub » December 28th, 2010, 5:35 pm

I love Kopa, and I do not like the idea of these buttons at all, it annoys me and as we have just seen the drama type thing it puts us through. Thats why I'd just rather people keep their own theorys and what not to themselves and stop posting them over and over. Canon or not, Doesn't matter.
Simbadacub

Postby FlipMode » December 28th, 2010, 5:44 pm

[quote="Simbadacub"]I love Kopa, and I do not like the idea of these buttons at all, it annoys me and as we have just seen the drama type thing it puts us through.[/quote]
And as we have also just seen, "drama" can easily be avoided or at least rectified by maturely discussing the situation, until somebody has to bring it up again even when not originally involved.

A People should just be able to discuss it more maturely, without getting too argumentative about something that is in the end of the day, fiction. It may not matter to you, SDC but it is an interesting discussion and if there is ONE thing MLK Forums need, it is interesting discussions.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Simbaholikov » December 28th, 2010, 5:45 pm

[quote="Simbadacub"]I love Kopa, and I do not like the idea of these buttons at all, it annoys me and as we have just seen the drama type thing it puts us through. Thats why I'd just rather people keep their own theorys and what not to themselves and stop posting them over and over. Canon or not, Doesn't matter.[/quote]

^ Agreed, the buttons so far have lead to nothing but drama.

Adding on to the above, stop posting your opinion over and over when someone else has one different to yourself. Just because YOU believe something, doesn't mean you should try to force it onto everyone else, even if you have 'facts', let them believe what they want.

So what if someone believes Kopa is Canon? (I believe he is Canon.)
How does that affect you?
It doesn't.
Simbaholikov

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 5:48 pm

I think life would be easier if we all just respected each other opinions and didn't comment on the :S I suppose if it's to do with the topic, sharing your views on the subject is OK, as long as no-one tried to force anyone to believe ----'s canon and not ---- you know what I mean?

[quote="Simbaholic"]
So what if someone believes Kopa is Canon?
How does that affect you?
It doesn't.[/quote]

So true.

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters