Zazu

Re: Zazu

Postby KiarasMate » May 20th, 2009, 2:57 am

Ugh, don't really want to say much about the buzzard, but he's still a character of TLK, so for that reason alone, I'll spare him the insults and just say he's an okay character. ^^ Not having Rowin Atkinson (sp) to reprise his voice in both TLK2SP and 1 1/2 really hurt his character though, or at least what little character there was to hurt in the first place. lol. ^^ Okay, I'm done. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Majordomo » May 20th, 2009, 3:33 am

What do you mean "What little character there was to begin with.." ? Zazu has plenty of character. There's an easy way to tell whether or not a character is essential and that is to hypothesize what the movie would be like without that character.

Without Zazu...
- Mufasa would have absolutely no way of knowing that Simba and Nala were in trouble, and they would've been shredded in seconds.
- Simba would have nobody to defy, particularly in the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" scenes
- There would be no bridge between the generations of Mufasa and Simba
- There would be no mediation between the opposing sides of Mufasa and Scar
- There wouldn't be anybody to offer witty retorts to Scar's snark, taking away a LOT of the comedy of the movie (not just from Zazu, but from Scar as well)
- Most of us would never have even heard of the coconut song :lol:

Believe me, there's more character than you realize. Now, I can understand if you don't like the character, and it tends to happen to comedic characters that they're either loved or hated, but to say that his character is underdeveloped and nonessential?
Majordomo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Because I said so

Pride Points: 0

Postby CheetahCat » May 20th, 2009, 7:11 am

Zazu is important in TLK. :)

Even though he isn't on my top list, he is still well needed. ^^ If it weren't for him, most of the things that occurred in TLK wouldn't of happen. ^^
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby PrincessKiara » May 20th, 2009, 11:47 am

I think the royal family has a lot to be grateful to Zazu for. ;)
I am glad Disney decided not to give him a girlfriend in SP, though. (An early idea for SP was that Zazu was going to have a girlfriend called Binti.) That would just be weird in my opinion.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby KiarasMate » May 20th, 2009, 7:55 pm

[quote="Majordomo"]What do you mean "What little character there was to begin with.." ? Zazu has plenty of character. There's an easy way to tell whether or not a character is essential and that is to hypothesize what the movie would be like without that character.

Without Zazu...
- Mufasa would have absolutely no way of knowing that Simba and Nala were in trouble, and they would've been shredded in seconds.
- Simba would have nobody to defy, particularly in the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" scenes
- There would be no bridge between the generations of Mufasa and Simba
- There would be no mediation between the opposing sides of Mufasa and Scar
- There wouldn't be anybody to offer witty retorts to Scar's snark, taking away a LOT of the comedy of the movie (not just from Zazu, but from Scar as well)
- Most of us would never have even heard of the coconut song :lol:

Believe me, there's more character than you realize. Now, I can understand if you don't like the character, and it tends to happen to comedic characters that they're either loved or hated, but to say that his character is underdeveloped and nonessential?[/quote]

lol, I just had to meet the one Zazu fan in the entire world. ^^ j/k. I know what you mean and I acknowledge that fact but any creature could have done Zazu's job. The Gopher that tells Zazu about the hyenas in the Pride Lands for instance. He could have done the same thing. It probably wouldn't have been quite as entertaining that way, but I just feel that TLK would have been fine without him. Only my opinions though. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Majordomo » May 21st, 2009, 5:50 am

True, and any creature that would've done Zazu's job would also have the personality that comes across to some as annoying. Like I said, comedic characters are either loved or despised, and there's no middle ground. Whether Zazu was a bird, a gopher, or another lion, he'd still be thought of as annoying.
Majordomo

Because I said so

Postby SimbaStar » May 21st, 2009, 11:20 am

So you like to be proud and look after others, Major? You were the Zazu fan , right? :D
SimbaStar

My Only Simba Pride

Postby Majordomo » May 21st, 2009, 2:28 pm

lol, you might say that. ;)
Majordomo

Because I said so

Postby SimbasMate » May 21st, 2009, 3:04 pm

Eww... it's Zazu.. :ew:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SimbaStar » May 21st, 2009, 3:07 pm

I'm confused now... :?
SimbaStar

My Only Simba Pride

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters