Malka

Re: Malka

Postby Nadra » July 13th, 2009, 8:19 pm

He is so cute! And I like his name, it sounds beautiful. I wonder how his daddy looks like...
Nadra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 17th, 2009, 9:36 am

Comic characters, y u no have proper backstories.
Last edited by KopsTheTerminator on September 12th, 2012, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nadra » July 17th, 2009, 11:55 pm

[quote="Kopa23"][quote="Nadra"]He is so cute! And I like his name, it sounds beautiful. I wonder how his daddy looks like...[/quote]

He should be Ahadi-ish like. ;)[/quote]
Huh, why? He must have those eartufts...
Nadra

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 18th, 2009, 7:42 am

[quote="Nadra"][quote="Kopa23"][quote="Nadra"]He is so cute! And I like his name, it sounds beautiful. I wonder how his daddy looks like...[/quote]

He should be Ahadi-ish like. ;)[/quote]
Huh, why? He must have those eartufts...[/quote]

True, but he must have a black mane like Ahadi. I don't know about the fur through.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Nadra » August 8th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Yes, maybe! Eventhough I imagine Ahadi having a dark brown mane... I have read the book, but I saw the picture of him before that, and I just can't get the image out of my mind. :P

Or, who knows, maybe Malka's grandfather(s) had black mane(s). I'm not sure how lions inherit their mane color. Lionesses don't have manes, but...
Nadra

Postby Simba » August 8th, 2009, 11:52 pm

well, you can do a Punett square to determine, but hair color works different. because aside from dominant and recessive, there's also co-dominant. and you can take someone with blonde hair and someone with black hair and end up with a kids with black and shades of brown. it's complicated :lol:

of course it might not be as complicated with real lions, concerning manes and tail tuft colors at least. the exact shade of the overall coat is that way though, with varying shades of golds, bronzes, rusts, tawnies, manillas, browns, etc.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Nadra » August 9th, 2009, 12:00 am

[quote="Simba"]well, you can do a Punett square to determine, but hair color works different. because aside from dominant and recessive, there's also co-dominant. and you can take someone with blonde hair and someone with black hair and end up with a kids with black and shades of brown. it's complicated :lol:

of course it might not be as complicated with real lions, concerning manes and tail tuft colors at least. the exact shade of the overall coat is that way though, with varying shades of golds, bronzes, rusts, tawnies, manillas, browns, etc.[/quote]

That's true. And of course there can be some nice mutations. Some male lions don't even have a mane.
But I've heard some people say that males never inherit the mane genes from their mothers. Then... how could Mufasa and Scar have the same father?
Nadra

Postby Simba » August 9th, 2009, 12:09 am

well, if you go with Ahadi had a black mane and Mohatu had a ruddy mane, one inherits the father's, the other the grandfather's. or perhaps it's the males on their mother's side that one of them inherited the mane color from?

as to Malka, I've always pictured his dad with a black mane, or at least black ear and tail tufts. his mother clearly didn't have those tufts in the comic scene, even if you can't make out most of her features.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby CommandoTheLion » August 9th, 2009, 3:47 pm

he's cute^^ i think really cool char
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby Nadra » August 9th, 2009, 4:32 pm

[quote="Simba"]well, if you go with Ahadi had a black mane and Mohatu had a ruddy mane, one inherits the father's, the other the grandfather's. or perhaps it's the males on their mother's side that one of them inherited the mane color from?[/quote]

So... the mother's genes have something to with the son's mane color?

[quote="Simba"]
as to Malka, I've always pictured his dad with a black mane, or at least black ear and tail tufts. his mother clearly didn't have those tufts in the comic scene, even if you can't make out most of her features.[/quote]

I think you're right. Malka's mother looks like any other lioness. Wow, I must draw Malka and his family... I've never drawn him before.
Nadra

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters