Misheard quotes

Re: Misheard quotes

Postby PrincessKiara » January 28th, 2013, 10:21 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]:lol:

Every time I watch SP in Norwegian, I swear Timon says about Zira "I think she needs an OB" (OB is a brand of tampons) :innocent: The English line is "Boy, does she need a hobby."[/quote]

I had totally forgotten that I had posted that :P That`s what I hear, every time!

I have never gotten the pig latin (I think that what`s it called?) that line Zazu says in the Elephant Graveyard when he and the cubs face the Hyenas - I don`t understand it in English, but it`s even more confusing in the dubbed version (Norwegian) Zazu sounds like he is saying "interactive randomnonsenseword." I have no clue what the actual line is. :P
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Timon the great » March 26th, 2013, 5:01 am

When Timon starts off CYFTLT, that line where he says "Our trio's down to two.", I thought until last year that instead of "two", he was saying "tube".

*Brooklyn accent* 'Dun that Nathan Lane voice. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Sarafina_ » April 6th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Well, I've misheard only Finnish quotes, but I'll try to translate them... :D

Real: "Kaksi romanssin siementä, puhkeamassa kukkaan savannilla. (Little seeds of romance, blossoming in the savannah.)

Misheard: "Kaksi romanssin sientä, puhkeamassa kukkaan savannilla. (Little mushrooms of romance, blossoming in the savannah.)
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

Postby MooLion » April 8th, 2013, 4:23 pm

[quote="Scars Mate"]When Scar is playing with that mouse, I always thought that just before he was gonna eat it (before being interrupted) he 'And you...' And just let it trail off. It turns out he said 'Adieu'. But then again, a little kid isn't gonna know that...[/quote]

I thought he said 'And you...' for years as well. :P

I think I already said in this thread that I also thought Scar said 'dream pool' rather than 'gene pool'. :)

Wow, there were loads of things I apparently misheard in this film, and probably many others...
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby MrsTimon » April 11th, 2013, 1:33 am

When Shenzi yells "Yay long live the king!" I thought she said "Yay I'm inlove with the king!" It was my brother that told me what it really was lol.

Pumbaa "His Care Free days with us" I heard it as "His every days with us"

I also thought Scar said "and you" to the mouse before going to eat it and "Shallow end of the dream pool rather than gene pool"

On another subject it took me a while as a kid to realise Shenzi was a girl, I only clicked one day when Zazu called her Madam! :p
MrsTimon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Dark Huntress » April 11th, 2013, 1:41 am

When Simba tells the hyenas to pick on "someone therir own size" and they to chase him and he's like "oops" I thought he said "oh, poop", lol, I heard the "And you" too when I was younger and "dream pool"-I only caught it the last time I watched it!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Sigurd » April 18th, 2013, 12:05 am

In "be prepared" I thought that Scar sang "Yes my teeth and ambitions are bad". It should be "bared". In the swedish version of CYFTLT, the chor sings " en kort sekund" (a short second), but when I was a kid I thought they sang "en konstig kung" (a strange king). I though they meant that Simba was a strange king when he didn't want to rule his land :D
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Postby simbafan83 » May 1st, 2013, 10:10 pm

there are many misheard lines that i think that are funny :lol:

like, in one specific case, involving the nala simba arguement, i thought she said "dude! we need help" :lol:

Spoiler: show

simbafan83

Nickname(s): simbafan83,simba,baridi, simbafan,lkredwallfan
Pride Points: 3

Postby LionessJhr13 » July 24th, 2013, 9:28 am

What I used to hear: "It's the circle of life! And it moves us all, through the cir-ra-call!!"
Actual: "It's the circle of life! And it moves us all, through despair and hope"
I dunno why I misheard it so badly, I thought the lady who sung it had a funny way of saying circle or something. :P
LionessJhr was here!
LionessJhr13

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm my local TLK encyclopedia.

Nickname(s): LionessJhr
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Movies