No votes
Wasn't sure until she was a young adult
No votes
No.
100%

Total votes : 10

Vitani? Maneless male?

Postby Wereberess » April 29th, 2010, 9:38 pm

An add on to my "Maneslles lions in Zira's Pride" thread. (Iguess) Notice how is the movies (which are more accurate than the books) EVERY lioness/lion with a significant speaking part is clearly made out to be male or female by another character or other sources.

Simba:
Kiara "Daddy let go!"
Nala "Mind your father Kiara"
Scar "I'm only looking out for the well being of my favorite nephew."
Zira "Yes! We've got him!"

Nala:
Simba " She's my best friend!"
Scar: " She's got those assests feminine!"
Simba: I can't marry her! She's my best friend!"

Mufasa:
Scar "Why if it isn't my big brother"
Simba "But dad don't we eat the antelope"
Zazu "Good morning sire!"

Scar:
Zazu "As the king's brother you should've been first in line."
Simba "Hey uncle Scar guess what?"
Shenzi "He's not king but he's still so proper"

Sarabi:
Scar "what will your mother think?"
Simba "MOM! You messing up my mane!"
Nala "And your mother...what'll she think?"

Sarafina:
Nala "Mom, can i go with Simba?"

Rafiki: "You follow old Rafiki, he knows the way!"
Zazu: "That's Mr.Banana beak to you fuzzy!"
Timon "You know her. She knows you but she wants to eat him(Pumbaa) "
Teen Simba "Whatsa matter pops(Timon) had a little bit to much Hakuna Matata?"

Kiara:
Simba "As future queen..."
Kovu "Ok...I have to tell her today."
Zira "You thought you'd get to the daughter and Simba would welcome you with open arms."
Vitani "Where's you pretty daughter Nala?"

Kovu:
Zira "Haven't you met my son? Kovu?"
Simba "Kiara i don't want you talking with him. I want to talk with him."
Nala " Get to know him and see."

Zira:
Vitani "Why don't you tell that to her?"
Kovu "I'm sorry mother!"
Nuka "I'm sorry...mother...I tried..."

Vitani however is only reffered to by her name. They never call her "him","her","she", or "he. when adressing her. The only thing that tips us off is that she has no whiskers and earstripes as an adult. She eDOES however have a bigger tuft of fur on her head than any of the other TLK cubs observed through the series and her voice is also alot more masculine than any of the other cubs too.
Click meh eggs plz! :D
thx! :D
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Vitani? Maneless male?

Postby QueenRalexia » April 29th, 2010, 10:05 pm

No but when I first saw the movie I thought she was one :lol:
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby FlipMode » April 29th, 2010, 10:09 pm

Interesting. But no I did always think she was a she.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » April 29th, 2010, 10:17 pm

I typically take the lack of mane and female voice to mean she is, in fact, female. =P
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby KiarasMate » April 29th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I'll be perfectly honest here. I don't really see the relevance of this thread. To me, it was perfectly clear that Vitani was a lioness from the start. She might come off as being a little tom-boyish but I really don't see how anyone could mistake her for being a male. >.> The fact that she's only addressed by her name in the movie is an interesting point, yet it's not all that unreasonable, seeing as Vitani is, in all honesty, just a very minor character and so there wouldn't really be a need for her to be brought up very often within the movie. Everyone else you mentioned is more of a main character, so it's understandable that they would be brought up more in the movie. Just because Vitani is never addressed as a "she" though doesn't make it possible for her to be a him. Again, I think you could have just as easily added this little find to your already existing Maneless Lions thread, although just so you don't think I'm being bias against you, I will leave this thread open. If any of the other mods feel as though this thread doesn't really add much, feel free to lock it.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 29th, 2010, 10:30 pm

I think it's quite obvious that Vitani is female. Even though her voice is more masculine than other females, the things you pointed out (lack of whiskers, etc) indicate (along with her less feminine, but still feminine voice) that she is in fact, a lioness.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby FlipMode » April 29th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Just out of interest OP, did you think she was a male?
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Panda-chan » April 29th, 2010, 10:58 pm

Since no one in the movie mentions that "it" is a he, this is conclusive proof that Zazu must be female. 0__0
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby KiarasMate » April 29th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Now that I could actually believe! ^^

*snickers*
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2010, 11:02 pm

To be quite honest, I've never thought that at all. Acting like a so-called "tomboy" doesn't make me assume that a character is male, and it looks like the outcome of this poll is pretty definitive. There's no debate here, so I feel fine with locking this thread.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Return to The Movies