Why was TLK so popular?

Re: y was TLK so popular?

Postby SilverSimba01 » March 14th, 2010, 11:13 pm

is just the best animated movie
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Kina » March 15th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Well, TLK is popular for many reasons. It's characters and world are very indepth and interesting considering, it works for all ages (despite contrary belief with some people), is a far better adaptation of Hamlet than the original, and Disney was very esteemed before they stopped doing hand drawn movies for the most part. ^_^
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby JustinS » March 19th, 2010, 9:35 am

I think it's so popular cause so many people can relate to losing a parent in a tradgic way. So, I think we see Simba as sort of a role model for those that have lost love ones. Cause he teaches you even though things are down you can't run from your problems or your past. So, I think it's a very popular movie cause it's classic storytelling. Plus I just think the message it sends makes it even more special.
JustinS

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » March 19th, 2010, 9:47 am

Because it’s AMAZING, that’s y. :P

For me personally, I think TLK is so popular because it truly touches you and moves you in a way very few Disney movies do. It’s just so majestic and powerful, a true masterpiece.
The very core of the story is responsibility, and about how you cannot run away from your past and avoid conflict. You have to stand up and take responsibility for yourself and others. I think this is something everyone can relate to in some way.
Every person can see some part of themselves in the TLK characters and relate to their problems.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby YFWE » March 19th, 2010, 2:15 pm

It's just a great storyline and has the potential to touch a lot of people. The characters are some of the strongest created by the company, and there are good morals to be found. It also has some great original songs and a great original score, and there's so many possibilities left open at the end that it gives fans opportunities to speculate about what will happen next and in the future, which is generally something any fandom needs if it is to survive. I think that's why it's so popular!
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby QueenRalexia » April 6th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Because its a fantastic movie :D
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby SilverSimba01 » April 9th, 2010, 9:19 pm

The characters are what they make this movie so cool
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby TheIvanMuse » April 17th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Just look at the impact it's made on a whole generation.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Question » April 18th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Alot of advertising, good reviews, and toys give it a boost for one.
It was a good story, and that helped with the rest of the way.
*I'm looking to RP :
*Young Justice
*Dinosaurs
*Nightmare before Christmas
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
Copy/paste this if you're proud to be an atheist too!
Love you emily123!
Question
Red Tornado

Nickname(s): Quezzy, Virus, AWESOMEMOFO, Sab

Postby SophieCub » April 18th, 2010, 10:35 pm

because it is a classic and it is amazing! Also because it has lions in it ;)
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies