Why was TLK so popular?

Re: Why was TLK so popular?

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » October 5th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I think its because its based off of Hamlet (and hamlet was a masterpiece work of literature). Disney took advantage of the great story and the ease of animated storytelling, to have a really great story but also keep the Disney innocence element for kids to. And the adorable animation :)
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby KingCub » October 5th, 2013, 9:39 pm

It was at the peak of Disney's popularity, witch brought a lot of people in to see it. The story was great, most modern movies now can't even hold up to how well the story is in TLK. The characters where all very likable, and cute for kids. The animation was one of the best ever done for movies of that point, and they did a great job at advertising the movie!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby InsaneSeagull » October 6th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with KovuLives5299, that Hamlet plays a great role in this. Unlike most of Disney movies, this wasn't based on a fairy tale, but on a tragic play, and that gives it a line of maturity, seriousness and darkness. It has meaning, and many messages, that can be useful in real life. Characters are very well developed, and the story, and whatsoever.

And, again, it's just AWESOME! And popularity comes with awesomeness =P .
Last edited by InsaneSeagull on October 6th, 2013, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Regulus » October 6th, 2013, 4:44 pm

In case I haven't said it already:

[quote="KristinaKiara"]Yeah, have I agree with KovuLives5299, that Hamlet plays a great role in this. Unlike most of Disney movies, this wasn't based on a fairy tale, but on a tragic play, and that gives it a line of maturity, seriousness and darkness. It has meaning, and many messages, that can be useful in real life. Characters are very well developed, and the story, and whatsoever.[/quote]

This.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » October 6th, 2013, 9:47 pm

"It was the moment we moved from children's entertainment, to just entertainment" ~ woman from documentary on the DVD.

Broader appeal = more potential popularity.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to The Movies