67%
Timon and Pumbaa 1995 Version
33%
The Lion King 1 1/2 2004 Version
No votes

Total votes : 3

Hakuna Muata--which version is best?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 12th, 2013, 5:10 am

I really hate the Lion King version since it destroys the TV series version I grew up with. Everything about it is different and wrong. It sounds so much better in the theme song; it sounds awkward here, the visuals here don't go with it as well, and it's just missing that something.

Worse still, it goes on for a long time. "Hakuna Mutata" should not go on for more than a minute. So there's these awkward "speaking breaks", but what stands out most horribly is 0:40-1:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI

It's like someone dropped "I Will Always Love You" into the middle of "Thriller". That's how much it fits in.

And worse, Simba has to sing in it. He has NO PLACE in this song. :proud4:

And the fade-out is just dumb. Doesn't anyone know this song by it's 1995 ending---"Hakuna Mutata...Timon and Pumbaa!!" ?

OK, I'm trashing what's chronologically the original. But the original for me is the TV Series one. I hated this song when I first rediscovered it in 2011, but when I heard the TV Series version back last December, I suddenly remembered how good a song it was!

And then we have the 1 1/2 version, which is just plain dumb.

Anyways, I thought I'd make this post. You can vote for which version you like. But you can only vote for one. I think I'll know something's up if I see 80 votes for the 1 1/2 version.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Hakuna Muata--which version is best?

Postby juhouh » October 12th, 2013, 7:30 am

TV version wouldn't fit into the movie since it's an intro song and sounds like it too
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Return to The Movies