Fearless Buzz

Fearless Buzz

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » October 6th, 2013, 4:53 pm

I remember on of the deleted scenes about Fearless Buzz, the bravest meerkat. Does anyone ever do things with him? I've seen some fanfic writers make him Timon's father, but not much else. I think he'd be a fun character to do stuff with. People make stuff with cut characters all the time like Mheetu. :hey8:
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Fearless Buzz

Postby Carl » October 6th, 2013, 7:50 pm

I think the thing in this case is that many people don't like the meerkats. Most of the serious fanfic writers focus on the lions, and well, for obvious reasons as it is the Lion King. I have only seen mention of Fearless Buzz in the realm of TLK fics once, and that was only in Rinjapine's character ref sheet for him. Now I'm not saying there aren't fics about the meerkats or that there aren't fics specifically about Fearless Buzz, it's just not something there will be much of.

Most of the characters are lions, after all, and most of the theories that are there to be explored relate to the lions. Then add in that many fans have refused to watch TLK 1.5 and that many others hated it, and all in all the majority of fanfic writers may have never seen the deleted scene he's mentioned in, or if they did, they probably took no interest in him. Like the movie itself, the subcanon TLK 1.5 characters just go ignored for the most part, so it will be difficult to find anything where anyone has done anything with him.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Timon the great » October 8th, 2013, 3:46 pm

First off, I don't know where some of these fan fiction writers who have written about Fearless Buzz, got the idea that he is Timon's father. The deleted scenes make it very clear with the concept drawings for both characters, that the ideas for them are different. Even more so, their character traits.

"Fearless Buzz" as the name indicates, is pretty much who this character was. But Timon's father on the other hand, although he looked tough, was just like the other meerkats in Timon's colony. Timon is officially the only one who actually didn't want to stand down just because he's a meerkat, in TLK 1 1/2.

Second, I'm really thankful the creators didn't put the meerkat colony's verse of Fearless Buzz in the final version of Digga Tunnah. That would've easily contradicted Timon's own bravery in the actual film; leaving his colony and wanting to change the way a regular meerkat would live in order to survive. Remember, Timon chose to leave his colony on his own. Not by the colony itself. The only bravery that I can see was done by Fearless Buzz was simply the fact that he fended off hyenas to protect the colony. But that was about it. He didn't change a meerkat's way of living like the great Timon wanted to also do.

And third, I've already seen a few works involving Fearless Buzz. Even a piece of colored art on DA where he supposedly had died during Timon's early days.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Carl » October 9th, 2013, 3:20 am

[quote="Timon the great"]First off, I don't know where some of these fan fiction writers who have written about Fearless Buzz, got the idea that he is Timon's father.[/quote]

In the case of Rinjapine's adaptation, she knows they are officially different characters, but as they were both deleted, deliberately combined them into one character. This is no different from when a movie adaptation of a novel combines two or more characters into one for the film. It's mostly done to prevent character clutter and make it easier to remember all of the characters.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to The Movies