Why did they end it with the title??!!!

Why did they end it with the title??!!!

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 4th, 2013, 2:44 am

I know it's probably not the question to ask fans, but I find it very strange that they ended the movie with---the title. I mean, what movie does that??!
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Why did they end it with the title??!!!

Postby KingCub » October 4th, 2013, 3:33 am

Its the circle of life my friend ;)

That, or it add dramatic effect. That loud 'thud' really adds to the big finally!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby SimbasGuard » October 4th, 2013, 6:24 am

I have no idea why they actually did that. Perhaps they didn't want to have it say The End when the last scene is of a newborn cub, who's life had just begun. Basically it's like KingCub said It's The Circle of Life.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » October 4th, 2013, 6:43 am

I think they did it for a number of reasons: After the opening "Circle of Life", it ends with the single loud drum beat that ques the popping in of the title card. As we all should be aware, The Lion King is a movie that has a "book finish", as in, the ending is made to imitate the beginning. Just as the Circle of Life was used to bring us to the beginning of the movie with the title card, the end of the movie also featured the Circle of Life, so with the same loud drum beat, we get the title card again: a classic example of a book ending.

If you want, you can consider the title cards to be the "covers" of the book that is The Lion King.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby juhouh » October 11th, 2013, 7:50 pm

It looked nice into my eyes to end the movie like that. I can't say why did they do that and I guess nobody else on here can :P
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby FlipMode » October 12th, 2013, 12:18 am

Because a lot of films used to do that. It is a bit nicer than "THE END" and not as abrupt as a sudden credits roll. Even when a film does cut straight to the credits, the film title is usually at the beginning or end of the roll.
It depends on the film I suppose, some films and their scores lend themselves better to title endings, if that makes sense?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 12th, 2013, 12:39 am

The title card is also used to reinforce the whole "Circle of Life" perspective. The movie starts with the birth of Simba, and therefore in a way with the start of his "circle" while the ending of the movie is not really an ending: it's the start of the circle of Simba and Nala's cub.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Claws » October 12th, 2013, 12:45 am

It was an aid for people to remember the name of the movie they were watching :]
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Arbystrider » October 12th, 2013, 9:04 am

So they can troll the audience by slamming it into their faces "The movie's ended, now go home!".

That's why people cry after watching TLK.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby InsaneSeagull » October 12th, 2013, 9:11 am

I always thought that it was just a dramatic effect. As the story never truly ends, as the "Circle of Life" goes on forever and ever. And the "circle" is always round. So it makes sense to start and finish the movie the same way. Kind of. =)
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Return to The Movies