I wouldn't have cared either way
No votes

Total votes : 12

The hyenas

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 8:43 pm

I really wish they had been in it.

So I'm making this poll.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: The hyenas

Postby FlipMode » October 3rd, 2013, 9:52 pm

By this you mean Shenzi Banzai and Ed?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 11:16 pm

Yes.

The rest too, but espicially them.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » October 4th, 2013, 12:39 am

Yes because Cheech and Whoopi Goldberg have such funny laughs :lol:
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby KingCub » October 4th, 2013, 3:35 am

I think they had there time to shine, so I vote no.

I also liked having the other outsiders kinda play the role of the hyenas. I just with they got more show time to emphasize this!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » October 4th, 2013, 6:45 am

They were Scar's and only Scar's loyal servants/henchmen. It wouldn't make sense to have them be in the movie after Scar was killed: they had no reason any more to bother themselves with lion affairs, and I doubt they will align themselves with Zira, considering how Scar ended up as.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » October 4th, 2013, 6:54 am

[quote="DGFone"]They were Scar's and only Scar's loyal servants/henchmen. It wouldn't make sense to have them be in the movie after Scar was killed: they had no reason any more to bother themselves with lion affairs, and I doubt they will align themselves with Zira, considering how Scar ended up as.[/quote]
That says it all. I voted no because they would not have fit into the story.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby FlipMode » October 8th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Pretty much. It's one thing to like a character, it's another to ask yourself whether it actually makes sense for that character to be there.
And to be honest I prefer having the outsiders anyway, it seems more fitting than like, an army of hyenas given the title of the film :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 9th, 2013, 5:10 am

OK, but I want to see them again in the next LK movie. They need to make one more just for the sake of putting them in it more.
Animal of the Wild

Postby TheLionPrince » October 10th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Honestly, having the hyenas as Zira's allies wouldn't be such a bad idea storywise. It would make Zira's motives against Simba more contradictory seeing how the hyenas are actually Scar's murderers, and strongly sum up the last half of her life as wasted. However, looking at the context of the first film's climax, the hyenas would not want to battle the Pridelanders again knowing they will lose again. In the meantime, Nuka and Vitani are pretty much stand-ins for the hyenas; Vitani has Shenzi's sassiness and Nuka has Ed's stupidity and Banzai's quick temper.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to The Movies