Why is Timon hurt and not Pumbaa

Why is Timon hurt and not Pumbaa

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 8:39 pm

Why is Timon always the one to get hurt in this movie?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Why is Timon hurt and not Pumbaa

Postby TheLionPrince » October 4th, 2013, 4:44 am

Do you mean by Timon getting injuries during the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" sequence? It was all for humor.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » October 4th, 2013, 7:14 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Do you mean by Timon getting injuries during the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" sequence? It was all for humor.[/quote]

Also being that it was Timon's idea to sabotage Simba And Nala. it's only fitting that he should suffer the consequences of his actions.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » October 4th, 2013, 7:25 am

Not to mention that with all his crazy ideas, some of them are well deserving of the expression of "he was asking for it".
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » October 5th, 2013, 12:04 am

Because Timon's the one always hurt for comedy. I personally would think of it as painful to watch pumbaa get hurt.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby Zonofon » October 5th, 2013, 7:42 pm

I believe in the fact that Timon is a very sincere character. Everything he does looks very impressive. And so it's interesting to see when something happens to Timon. It looks funny, like the scene in TLK 3 where Pumbaa helps Timon get the needles out if his back before they found Simba.
Sometimes I feel a little sorry for him, but Timon quickly forgets about it. So, humor is still in the foreground.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Postby Meskhenet » October 6th, 2013, 12:12 am

Well, since The Lion King 3 is a comedy based off the movie "The Lion King" in Timon and Pumbaa's perspective it's all about humor, and usually seeing a comedian character such as Timon getting hurt is always a side stitcher. But in most cases Timon's injuries are often caused by his mischievous behavior with a hint of karma in it, and it's quite obvious in the "Can't Let Them Feel The Love Tonight" scene. When Timon is consistently getting injured for his selfish plan of ruining Simba's relationship with Nala just so he can keep his Hakuna Matata lifestyle.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 6th, 2013, 4:20 am

[quote="KiarasBiggestFan"]Because Timon's the one always hurt for comedy. I personally would think of it as painful to watch pumbaa get hurt.[/quote]

You do NOT want to watch the "Stand by Me" music video, then. (unless you've already seen it)

BTW, Pumbaa DID get hurt when he and Timon got slammed into the tree and fell out of it, but why not the other times, such as with the porcupine quills and the bees?
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 9th, 2013, 5:11 am

Just bumping this...strange no one has answered that last question...
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 10th, 2013, 5:10 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]but why not the other times, such as with the porcupine quills and the bees?[/quote]
Again, as someone said, it was done for comedy and because in the instance of the bees, it was Timon's idea, and he's the one that upset the bees. No matter which character you prefer, it's generally funnier to see Timon get hurt because of his attitude and the way he reacts, and because, as it is a backfiring of his plan, he deserved the backlash.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Just bumping this...strange no one has answered that last question...[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, the mods don't want topics to be bumped for the sake of being bumped... it's unnecessary, at any rate, especially seeing as this one was still "active" as it was only left for a few days..
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to The Movies