The hyenas should have had a bigger role.

The hyenas should have had a bigger role.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 2nd, 2013, 10:01 pm

I was really disapointed that despite the fact that they were the film's villians, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed barely appeared. :(

We didn't even see them after they fell down the hole! :(

After they didn't appear in movie 2, this was a big letdown. I love the hyenas and felt they deserved better.

BTW, that wasn't SB&E that Pumbaa gassed was it? (It better not have been!)
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: The hyenas should have had a bigger role.

Postby TheLionPrince » October 3rd, 2013, 1:15 am

I felt the hyenas have enough screentime in the movie. Remember the hyenas were allied with Scar throughout most of the second half of the movie, and Timon and Pumbaa were unfamiliar with Scar until Simba left off. If we saw more Scar, we would seen more of the hyenas. Overall, this was Timon and Pumbaa's story, though it was mostly about Timon. And I'm pretty sure the hyenas confronted Scar over his betrayal of them after they fell down the tunnel.

And not too long ago, I contacted Jeannine Roussel (producer of Simba's Pride), and she confirmed to me that the hyenas were originally going to appear in the sequel, but their roles would have been repetitive.

And it does look like Ed and Shenzi in the screenshot.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on October 3rd, 2013, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 4:41 am

What?? My poor Ed and Shenzi (and Banzai?) got gassed?? :( But they weren't even there for the hula scene!!!

"And I'm pretty sure the hyenas confronted Scar over his betrayal of them after they fell down the tunnel. "

I meant after that.

"And not too long ago, I contacted Jeannine Roussel (producer of Simba's Pride), and she confirmed to me that the hyenas were originally going to appear in the sequel, but their roles would have been repetitive. "

I don't care. I wanted to see them again. See that they survived the flames!

"Remember the hyenas were allied with Scar throughout most of the second half of the movie, and Timon and Pumbaa were unfamiliar with Scar until Simba left off. If we saw more Scar, we would seen more of the hyenas."

They were pretty much allied with Scar for the whole movie...but still, there was the elephant graveyard scene and the Be Prepared Scene they kept in...the trio could have appeared there!
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 9th, 2013, 5:10 am

I wouldn't care if it meant Scar appeared more. The hyenas needed to appear more here, or in movie 2, or in some future movie.
Animal of the Wild

Return to The Movies