Banzai calling Pumbaa a pig scene

Banzai calling Pumbaa a pig scene

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 2nd, 2013, 12:20 am

Apparently the movie is non canon, because the moment where Banzai and Shenzi chase Timon into Zazu's cage and Pumbaa saves them doesn't take place in the movie. The timeline doesn't really allow it to.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Banzai calling Pumbaa a pig scene

Postby TheLionPrince » October 2nd, 2013, 10:12 pm

With all of the film's contradictions to the original film, there are more reasons beyond that to indicate where could fall in terms of canonicity.

That scene did happen within the timeframe of the movie between the time Timon and Pumbaa run towards Pride Rock after formulating their plan with Ma and Max and the film's next scene when Simba confronts Scar trying to run away. Remember, we see Simba has pinned down Scar on Pride Rock so midway through Simba's interrogation of Scar, Pumbaa and Timon are racing down to Pride Rock (after chatting with Ma and Max) to keep the hyenas from attacking Simba. Not to mention, I'm sure Timon stripped himself of his hula attire along the way.

I believe didn't show it again because it would make Timon and Pumbaa's confrontation with the hyenas redundant, and the main conflict by that time was constructing the tunnel for the hyenas to fall it.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 4:38 am

When I looked closely while watching the hula scene in the original movie I could have sworn right when they were running from the hyenas I could see Timon strip himself of his attire.

As for the scene being redundant, it's the exact opposite of what happens in the original movie. In the original movie Pumbaa beat up the hyenas, whereas in 1/2 he and Timon are complete cowards to them. Either way, it was a scene with T&P from the original, so not showing it proves the lack of continuity.

Also, Zazu seemingly would have stuck by Pumbaa, since he rescued him. I suppose he could have taken to the sky and watched things from above.

Also, Timon and Pumbaa were shown beneath Pride Rock right after Scar's demise, whereas in 1/2 there is the whole scene on the cliff after the hyenas fall into the hole where Timon's ma hugs him.

And finally, the hyenas were never there to hear Scar say they were the enemy.

It just doesn't add up.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby TheLionPrince » October 4th, 2013, 4:38 am

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]As for the scene being redundant, it's the exact opposite of what happens in the original movie. In the original movie Pumbaa beat up the hyenas, whereas in 1/2 he and Timon are complete cowards to them. Either way, it was a scene with T&P from the original, so not showing it proves the lack of continuity.[/quote]

Actually, Timon and Pumbaa seemed quite brave to mock the hyenas as "gifted" and held their ground trying to distract the hyenas especially with Timon proposing to Shenzi. It was only when the tunnel failed to collapse that they showed their fear.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Also, Timon and Pumbaa were shown beneath Pride Rock right after Scar's demise, whereas in 1/2 there is the whole scene on the cliff after the hyenas fall into the hole where Timon's ma hugs him.[/quote]

I would say you make a good point there, but it's possible to assume Timon and Pumbaa descended down from Pride Rock before Simba did.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]And finally, the hyenas were never there to hear Scar say they were the enemy.[/quote]

This is a common swipe at the film by fans to display 's lack of coherent continuity with the original film. Actually, the hyenas were in the same position when Simba confronted Scar. My explanation is that they heard Timon and Pumbaa mocked them and run away. And then before they pursue them, they overhear Scar call them "the enemy", back away as seen in the original film, and then pursued Timon and Pumbaa.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Movies