I'm confused...which hyenas got gassed?

I'm confused...which hyenas got gassed?

Postby Animal of the Wild » September 29th, 2013, 5:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F4oV2Wj4TI

In this scene, we apparently see our beloved hyena trio get gassed by Pumbaa's flatulence. No one deserves that, even them. They were mostly comic relief villians.

But was it them? In movie 1, it looked like just a bunch of annonymous hyenas. So...is it them here or not? :umno:
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: I'm confused...which hyenas got gassed?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 4:45 am

Is no one here going to reply?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » October 4th, 2013, 3:06 am

Try to refrain from double posting next time. It's kind of against the rules of MLK Forum.

Here's a better screenshot of the hyenas that are chasing Timon and Pumbaa in :

Again, it does look like and it is Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. Watching the hula scene again in the original film, it doesn't line up since it appears to at least 5 random hyenas pursuing Timon and Pumbaa, and it is implied the trio are at Pride Rock when Scar reinforces his power to Simba. Here's the screenshot of the hyenas preparing to chase them in the original sequence:

The only way to explain is to apply a suspension of disbelief, and assume the filmmakers meant for the 5 random hyenas in the original film to be nose-gassed by Pumbaa.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 4th, 2013, 3:25 am

OK.

Though I'm glad it wasn't the trio, I feel sorry for those poor 5. :(

I shall call them Xonen, Alhood, Murmuron, Shar, Zalus.

(From left to right, in that order.)
Animal of the Wild

Return to The Movies