Who did NOT cry during THAT scene?

Re: Who did NOT cry during THAT scene?

Postby Carl » September 23rd, 2012, 1:40 am

I didn't cry at the scene when I was a kid, and I still don't think I ever really have. Although once or twice, I have come close. Depends on how emo I'm feeling when I watch the movie how close I come to tears. If I'm already feeling down, I'm a lot more likely to tear up than if it's just a regular day.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Timon the great » September 23rd, 2012, 2:53 am

I didn't cry in Mufasa's death scene even when I first saw TLK 1 again in a long time, earlier this year. It was sad but not enough to make me even break one tear. And I don't think I did either when I first saw the movie in theaters back in '94. As far as I can remember, and being 5 years old, it was more like :wow2: . You wouldn't think they'd go that far in what society classifies a movie like TLK, a "kids movie". Of course, that's not the kind of mentality I had back then. But maybe that society view has shifted now.

Where I almost cried was in that scene when Simba is standing on the edge of the Pride Lands and sees it in ruins. The music that's played in this part of the movie (before Nala shows up), was just sad and depressing. It's hard for me to see something like this in a traditionally animated movie. I guess it's because the scene was done so well and the right emotion here was on cue.

[quote="DGFone"]

As for the correction: Of all things, once after seeing The Lion King again after a few years (this story is itself several years old), that night I got quite emotional over CYFTLT. At least it was night and I was in bed...[/quote]

I actually found CYFTLT as a whole, more emotional than Mufasa's death. I've read some members posts who said that it gives them goosebumps and such. And it moves me a great deal too. Especially the very original version.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby TimonLotso » October 1st, 2012, 1:09 am

I didn't cry at anytime. But when I saw it in 3D, I fake laughed at the scene. Although I hate Banzai, I still think "What are we supposed to do? Kill Mufasa?" is a funny line due to it starting a Villain Song.
Hula Timon was purchased on August 5th, 2011.
Hula Pumbaa was purchased on August 25, 2011.
TimonLotso
♥The Most Fabulous Sheep♥

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I shall help you all!

Nickname(s): Queen Lanolin
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » October 8th, 2012, 7:37 am

Tbh I am closer to shredding a tear toward the end when Simba is walking up Pride Rock; I am more moved by acts of bravery and such than traditional sad things, I think.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby OuRaion » October 10th, 2012, 9:47 pm

I don't cry at all through the movie. Then I wake up the next day and I do. Probably from the scene FlipMode is talking about. Don't get up me for crying too, everyone does it. It's the next big thing.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby OwnerOfAllGames » October 12th, 2012, 11:37 am

I will not say *Do not weep*, for not all tears are an evil. - Gandalf the White.
- So prepare, for a glorious future!
- Be prepared for the prized Golden Age!
(We've got friends in high places, we hold all the aces!)
- So don't try and ruffle my gauge.
OwnerOfAllGames
The Veteran.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Victory is ours, men! Turn the cannons on them!

Nickname(s): Scar, Owner

Postby imvula » October 13th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I did not shed a tear, so naturally I must be insensitive. I put it down the simple fact that I grew up watching documentaries, when a new male takes over a pride the previous one is usually run off or killed. Male lions don't really do much when it comes to raising cubs. However, I bawled my eyes out in that Baby Mine scene in Dumbo, when Bambi's mother was shot and when Todd from Fox and the Hound was taken to the forest and set free.
imvula

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetNala » October 15th, 2012, 12:35 am

I cried, but Ive seen the movie so many times, I suppose I've grown numb to it.
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Pride Points: 7

Postby Eli_Ayase » October 15th, 2012, 2:08 am

Didn't when I first saw it (I was near, but that faded, I was around 5 when I saw TLK), never will.

I only cry at the start because it brings back memories from my childhood.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tekir » October 17th, 2012, 5:15 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Tbh I am closer to shredding a tear toward the end when Simba is walking up Pride Rock; I am more moved by acts of bravery and such than traditional sad things, I think.[/quote]

It's pretty much the same thing for me here. I do feel sad for Mufasa's death but the ending itself makes me much more emotional. I always associated the ascendance of Pride Rock with Simba being finally able to overcome the problems of his past and his slow walking pace being used to emphasize the effort he's pulling off for this action. I don't know... I guess this scene brings back, within a few seconds, every sad moments of the movie and adds an act of bravery to it all.
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies