Who did NOT cry during THAT scene?

Re: Who did NOT cry during THAT scene?

Postby Kohu » October 19th, 2012, 9:39 pm

I didn't cry when I was a kid. I felt bad for Simba, but I guess death didn't really hit me that much. When you're young, you tend to think yourself and those around you immortal, especially if you are raised (as I was) fairly sheltered from death.

Now that I'm older ... I skip that part over because otherwise I cry every time. :p

Another sad scene (for me) is Mufasa's ghost coming back. I've never cried at it, I just get rather depressed. I wish Simba had shown a teeny bit more emotion after all that, but oh well. :3 It's still a really powerful scene.
Kohu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Kohu
Pride Points: 6

Postby Dark Huntress » October 21st, 2012, 6:52 am

I did NOT cry the most recent time I watched it, but I did the time before. It was so cute in a melancholy way: Simba trying to wake Mufasa up, hes in denial. :cry: just so sad!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Dark Huntress » October 21st, 2012, 6:57 am

And I hate the scene where he comes back and sees the PrideLands in ruins-yes, I am an emotional person. I'm sorry, but I'm no worse or better of a person for being so.
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dragonredvn1 » October 24th, 2012, 4:40 pm

[quote="Tacobell Lion"]My friends and i actually ALMOST teared up a bit when Mufasa died and Simba was trying to wake him up. :cry:

The funny thing is that it was earlier this year. :lol:[/quote]
Me too :cry:
dragonredvn1
Ahadi Ginsei

Remember Who you are

Nickname(s): Sim, Zen, Ahi
Pride Points: 2

Postby PrincessKiara » October 28th, 2012, 1:29 am

I was 8 when I saw the movie at the cinema for the first time, and because I was so young at the time, I can`t remember if I cried. I kinda doubt it.. I have cried later (I have shed a few tears, but not sat there and sobbed) it is one of (if not THE) saddest scenes in Disney history.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Wolfy » October 28th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I am an emotional wreck when it comes to sad scenes in movies. The majority of those scenes that have me crying like a baby are all Disney, funnily enough.

That scene where Simba loses his father gets me every single time, as do the scenes in which Bambi and Littlefoot lose their mothers.
Wolfy

Hear Me Roar

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 2

Postby KentuckyWildcat » October 30th, 2012, 5:20 am

I never did. I first saw the movie when I was pretty young, and I don't think I was fully aware of the full emotional scope of the scene then. By the time I got old enough to fully appreciate it, I knew what was coming which somewhat blunted the impact. Of course, it should be noted that I'm not an overly emotional person and I've never actually shed a tear watching a movie (although I've come close a couple of times).
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Dark Huntress » October 30th, 2012, 5:29 am

That was the only movie I cried during, I cried reading two books though...
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby ScarsLove » October 30th, 2012, 7:02 am

I choke up at the scene and it gets me on the brink of tears. Although, believe it or not.. I cry at Scar's death(?). Why? Because I feel terrible for him, especially if you look beyond the character you see in the movie and give him a tragic backstory. I'm sorry but I'm a sucker for a tragic villain. Whether or not it just looks like their throwing a big temper tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted. I also cry at Nuka's death as well. To me he was a very undeveloped, under mined character that really needed some positivity in his life. I felt bad because he died trying to make his abusive mother, Zira happy even though we all know she would've never been happy with him because he was weak. But I'm getting off topic now.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby InsaneSeagull » October 30th, 2012, 9:19 am

I shed some tears at the beginning, but later I got used to it. Oh, well.

Now, I do not cry, but I get nervous every time, and feel terribly sad... especially, because I love Mufasa and I truly wish he appeared more. Also, I feel horrible for Simba begging his father to get up :(
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies