What Do You Like Best About TLK?

What Do You Like Best About TLK?

Postby BlueCheetahSpotz » March 19th, 2012, 2:50 am

What do you like best about the first movie?
ImageImage
BlueCheetahSpotz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): BCS
Pride Points: 1

Re: What Do You Like Best About TLK?

Postby KingKovu44 » March 19th, 2012, 2:51 am

A handsome hero and a beautiful love interest...:D
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby AdAstrα » March 19th, 2012, 3:41 pm

I can't just choose one thing! I love everything about it :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby CheetahCat » March 19th, 2012, 6:07 pm

There were many things why I loved TLK. :) The plot itself, how lively the characters seemed due to the influential voice work from the cast and of course, the soundtrack in the film. Combine all of these together and you're bound to have a awesome movie!
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » March 19th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Ah, well, just about everything.

Yes, it was the music, especially the score, that really resonated with me, but when I started to fan out of my usual one-song listening habit (interestingly enough to find another part of the score) I rediscovered the rest of the movie. And quite regretted that I hadn't done that sooner.

After the music came the story, the characters, the movie itself, everything. I can even add things like the post-release additions like the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD. Guess where my avatar was inspired from?

And then of course there's the culture of The Lion King. The fan-fiction, the fan-art, and of course, the fans themselves. Maybe I don't know how to look, but have never seen such a dedicated and passionate group of people united by being fans of a medium.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » March 19th, 2012, 8:03 pm

There's lots of things, too many to list. But I'll try.

Initially, it was the animation, and a buttload of nostalgia. A sense of nostalgia from the artwork, I guess. When I saw Simba as a cub, it brought back many memories of my own cubbiehood. The way he frolics through the savannah, totally unaware of all the s*** going on in the world, easily takes me at least 10 years into the past. Back when the only thing I had to worry about was what flavor of ice cream I'd be eating. Back when I was told I could be anything I wanted. Back when I could spend every day with close friends. I think you get the idea.

I guess it was mostly just about a change. I spend the majority of my time either working on schoolwork, or playing games on my computer. Every day, I'm surrounded by technology, constantly thinking about things that really don't matter. I still do that a lot, but in the past year or so, I've had this desire to balance my life a bit more. Although I'd hate to admit this, I've become a bit like Scar in real life. Not necessarily evil, but kinda sarcastic and jerky. That's what all these years of secondary school did to me, and I've slowly begun to realize and correct this. I don't want to be like Scar, but only I can change that.

And that's where it really gets me. The whole theme of TLK is basically about finding one's place in life. That's something I've been trying to do for a long time, and I won't be done anytime soon. I haven't even graduated from high school yet; I've still got a long way to go. I guess it's just kinda comforting to know that in the end it will all work out, and no matter what happens, I'll find my place at the end. In a way, TLK is almost a symbol of life itself, and the impact it has had on me only makes it mean that much more.

Maybe I'm crazy. It's just a movie, after all. 90 minutes of anything shouldn't make me completely rethink my life. This is where MLK comes in. I may be crazy, but at least I'm not the only one. Regardless of our reasons for being here, we can all agree that TLK is awesome. Because it really is.

TL;DR: I like TLK because I can relate to it's themes on an extremely deep level, and because everything else is still really awesome.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheLionPrince » March 19th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Oh boy! There's too many things about TLK that I love, but I would have to place its story at #1.

Like any celebrated movie, it has to have an emotionally compelling storyline. Therefore, with its powerful storyline, the audience can care about the characters, and the circumstances they must overcome. Because TLK is a musical, if the film didn't have the storyline it has now, the music wouldn't have much meaning even though it's there to deepen the characters and story in which regular dialogue cannot do. The film's animation is a bit irrelevant to the storyline because anything well drawn can have a clumsy, illogical storyline. See Cars 2 for an example of this. Although, it is nice to see hand-drawn animation at its finest. So, therefore, pretty much everything in the film that makes it great is because of the compelling plot.

What I love most about the plot is that it carries the universal message about taking responsiblity, and finding one's place in life, which makes it's relatable with everybody. I also find it pretty amazing the wide range of story material the filmmakers received inspiration from, which includes the Joseph and Moses in the Bible, William Shakespeare's Hamlet, Bambi, A Hero of a Thousand Faces, and much more. In addition to this, TLK's storyline somewhat took place at one time in world history; see The Epic of Sundiata . Third, I love how the story manages to balance its Shakesperean-inspired drama with the film's comedy filled with slapstick and pop culture references thus making it appealing to all ages. The only thing I don't like about the story is that Disney marketed it as being "original" when being initially released, when they knew it wasn't.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby PrincessKiara » March 23rd, 2012, 11:59 pm

Oh, wow, what DON`T I like about TLK? lol

Hmm.. well, I think the soundtrack is one of the countless things that makes me adore this film. It`s simply amazing.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Lauren » March 24th, 2012, 1:41 am

I absolutely LOVE the animation and concept on the plot and characters. The songs and scores are amazing that cannot be forgotten, especially Circle of Life. All the stars of the movie suit their characters really well and I love how this movie involves NO humans to tell a story like this. TLK forever. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Biomac » April 21st, 2012, 3:45 am

Everything 8-)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Next

Return to The Movies