What Do You Like Best About TLK?

Re: What Do You Like Best About TLK?

Postby Timon the great » August 3rd, 2012, 6:28 am

If I had to pick the best one from several of my main choices, it would have to be the fact that TLK is the exception to Disney. I'm not really a Disney itself fanatic. But let me just say that (and since I was born a couple of years before 1994), TLK apparently did raise the standards of how the world views traditionally animated movies. This includes the characters as well.

I think I should note that the music itself is powerful in this movie. Moreover, the scores in my opinion.

The scenery is another area to note as well. I think this is the most artistic area of the movie. I mean, the scenes of the savanna and the rain shafts that show up (leading to the nocturnal storm with lightning strikes going on nearby Rafiki's tree) I think, is amazing to see visually in traditional animation.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby InsaneSeagull » August 3rd, 2012, 7:05 am

I love almost everything about TLK...

But if I have to choose, mainly it would be plot and characters. All the characters are so well-defined. Plot is strong and emotional. And most of all, interesting. I love it as well, for not mainly being children movie, no matter what you say. Oh, songs are amazing too!
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Meskhenet » August 4th, 2012, 3:28 am

The characters, color, theme, and plot. :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 2nd, 2013, 2:16 am

Sexy, naked Mufasa and Adult Simba! 8-)

And the sexy, dark, cool hyena gang!
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby juhouh » October 5th, 2013, 12:56 pm

That "African feeling" and the atmosphere is so magical! Nala as well :)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby KingCub » October 5th, 2013, 9:41 pm

I really like the animation style of the characters! The backgrounds where also amazingly done and enjoyable to look at.

The story is also one of the things I like!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Previous

Return to The Movies