Did the hyenas perish with Scar?

Re: Did the hyenas perish with Scar?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 4:52 am

I really can't believe this is actually a topic. The TV series should have been confirmation enough that they survived.

Disney had plenty of opportunity---2 films actually---to reveal that they had, but wasted them. :(
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby KingCub » October 3rd, 2013, 5:09 am

No, I don't think they did. I belive that the fire was there just to add dramatic effect, to really push the death of Scar. And, it seems as if the fire hides the hyenas closing in on Scar, just as they where about to strike.

I don't count the TV series as part of the main storyline of TLK, its more as just a spinoff. So, I cant say that the TV shows proved that they lived, altho I still believe that they did!
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 5:22 am

Well I count it canon, if that's OK.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby juhouh » October 12th, 2013, 11:15 am

Some of them did like we saw in the last battle. They did throw the hyenas down to the fire from Pride Rock. The rest of hyenas were told to "left" Pridelands by Disney so the most of them survived after all

But since there's not going to be any sequels for TLK anymore it isn't that necessary what did happen to them. The hyena trio still lives in Pridelands
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Arbystrider » October 12th, 2013, 11:32 am

Nuka in TLK2SP says "This place is even creeper since the hyenas ran off". From there, I think we can say that the hyenas didn't die off with Scar, but instead ran off somewhere else.

That is, assuming "ran off" isn't some sort of metaphor for "died".
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby DGFone » October 12th, 2013, 5:52 pm

[quote="Arbystrider"]
That is, assuming "ran off" isn't some sort of metaphor for "died".[/quote]

Seeing how there is a term for dying that is very similar - "dying off", I think Nuka was implying exactly what he said, that the hyenas ran away, instead of actually physically dying out.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Claws » October 12th, 2013, 6:01 pm

idk, I think some hyenas got burned and the rest just ran off, maybe just a few of them, like you could see they were far more hyenas than the ones who attacked Scar, or so I think.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Previous

Return to The Movies