[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included? — My Lion King Forum

Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included?

Yes, Timon & Pumbaa are a team and if the audience gets to see the family and former life of Timon, why shouldn't Pumbaa get the same treatment?
52%
No, we already heard what happened to Pumbaa during "Hakuna Matata", there isn't a need to waste time learning about something we know already.
48%

Total votes : 31

Postby Noah » November 21st, 2011, 5:22 am

I personally think it should have been included, because this movie is 12 minutes shorter than the original Lion King. I know 77 minutes is typical Disney sequel length, but still...
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Re: Should Pumbaa's backstory have been included?

Postby DGFone » November 21st, 2011, 6:55 am

Well, we technically did get some of his back-story in "Hakuna Matata", and if you wanted even more, it would have extended the movie far longer than the 12 minutes to get to TLK length. And considering that it would include several new characters, it's just asking for loads of more trouble.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » November 21st, 2011, 7:32 am

I also voted no because it would be very sad to watch a movie about how Pumbaa got kicked out of his Sounder for having gas and I don't see how a whole movie could be made about that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby cleargreenwater » November 21st, 2011, 1:38 pm

Plus Pumbaa's such a lovable mush I don't think he'd have the snap-snap energy to keep a story about himself moving & interesting. Timon is funny and 1.5 lasts so long because he has such problems & hangups about people that Pumbaa doesnt' have, haha.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby TheLionPrince » November 25th, 2011, 11:00 pm

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby FlipMode » November 26th, 2011, 8:34 pm

It tells you multiple times, he stinks and so no one liked him and he farts... How much character development could you want? Even the name Pumbaa is Swahili for foolish too so yeah, I voted no.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FlipMode » November 26th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Nice to see you take heed of such trivial statistical data, but I voted no...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Biomac » March 25th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Yeah I think that it would be funny to see Pumbaa's backstory in TLK 1 1/2 like Timon's

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby WindAnnWise » April 20th, 2012, 8:42 pm

I think it should've been included. I wanted to know more about Pumbaa's past than just what he told Timon and in "Hakuna Matata".
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby AdAstrα » April 20th, 2012, 9:16 pm

I personally am way more interested in Pumbaa's past than Timon's. So my answer is yes.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Next

Return to The Movies