Overall Opinion of SP.

Simba's Pride General Thoughts (Ratings)

1 - This movie is an utter disgrace to the Lion King franchise. Such a horrible, sickeningly bad movie should never have been made. There is not a single redeeming quality about this film.
No votes
2 - This movie was horrible. It only had a few tiny parts I found enjoyable. An unentertaining, unpleasent and unneeded addition to the Lion King.
3%
3 - Has a few small redeeming qualities but not enough to pull this movie from the dirt. I somewhat like a few of the characters, most of them I dislike. Should not have been made, but there are a few sequels worse than this.
6%
4 - Just not a good film, honestly. It was cute, some of the characters were alright but it just lacked the same substance The Lion King had. Maybe for the kids, but I didn't enjoy this film very much.
11%
5 - Mediocre. Some memorable moments, but overall a forgettable though not horrible movie. I'm not a fan of the characters, and I feel this movie was just 'meh' all the way through, not exciting or compelling.
3%
6 - A little better than just mediocre, with catchy songs and nice characters. Although the plot wasn't marvelous, it was still enough to push the film up. I think it wasn't a masterpiece, but a nice little movie to watch with the kids.
6%
7 - A pretty nice movie. I like most of the characters, although I don't exactly love them. I think this was a good addition to the original, and I would watch it again.
10%
8 - A very good addition to TLK, with memorable songs, a clever plot and some unique, new characters to watch. A few general flaws, sure, but not enough to makes this movie bad. I quite like the film.
26%
9 - Excellent movie that I wouldn't mind watching if given the choice. Great music, great story, and truly loveable characters. A worthy addition to TLK. Almost a masterpiece, there were tiny little flaws that drug it down just a little.
23%
10 - A perfect, absolutely amazing film I can watch again and again. Even better than TLK? Perhaps. I love this film and every character, it does a great job of completing the Circle of Life.
11%

Total votes : 62

Overall Opinion of SP.

Postby Misiziri » September 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm

Select one option that best describes your opinon of Simba's Pride.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Re: Overall Opinion of SP.

Postby Maleficent » September 1st, 2011, 7:43 pm

I gave it an 8. Zira's really grown on me. I like her a lot now. And her siblings are cute too. :3 But with Kovu/Kiara and Simba/Nala, there was just nothing interesting there. So if it weren't for Zira, I'd give it like a 2.
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby Misiziri » September 1st, 2011, 7:48 pm

You got that right, Jen. :nod:

I gave it a 6 for Zira, Nuka, and Vitani.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 1st, 2011, 8:17 pm

I voted for "3 - Has a few small redeeming qualities but not enough to pull this movie from the dirt. I somewhat like a few of the characters, most of them I dislike. Should not have been made, but there are a few sequels worse than this."

I only liked the Outsiders and their backstories. The rest of the characters are just a huge NO. The music is mediocre, the plot predictable, most of the characters are one-sided and stereotypical... It's pretty much a 'rebellious teen' movie. I hate movies that are like that.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » September 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm

I voted for number 3. I guess it's decent as far as sequels go (especially Disney sequels) but compared to the original..it's just pathetic really. That being said, I do like some of the characters. I like the whole concept of the Outlanders, the forbidden romance and all, I just think it was poorly executed. They could have done it SO MUCH BETTER.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby SimbasGuard » September 2nd, 2011, 8:16 am

I voted for option 9, I think it is an excellent movie and a worthy sequel. It did however have some flaws, I think Zira would have benefited from some more back story.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Woeler » September 2nd, 2011, 3:50 pm

I grew up with this movie and I think it is almost as good as TLK1
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Kina » September 3rd, 2011, 4:41 pm

I voted option 8. I enjoyed the movie and the characters, but some of the mistakes and missed opportunities knocked it off the potential pedestal to sit up there with the original.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby FlipMode » September 3rd, 2011, 6:09 pm

I voted for option ten. However I do not think it was a "perfect amazing film!", but I did think it was "better than TLK". If that makes sense? I liked it a lot, more than TLK in fact (which was still pretty good) but it is not exactly the best film ever, some niggling flaws like the odd plot hole. I suppose they are not really plot holes, but they are only answered very vaguely in the films.
Like why Kiara looks different to the cub from the end of TLK, we as fans of course know why that is, but the general public would not. And the things like that are what stop it from being the one of the best Disney sequels this side of Toy Story 2. ^^
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 3rd, 2011, 6:17 pm

I voted for option 8. Simba's Pride, by all means, is an excellent movie. But for me, it doesn't live up to The Lion King. It's a good sequel, but and an excellent stand-alone, but it's not as good as the first movie.

The only difference I have between the first Lion King and Simba's Pride falls down to a few small points. For one, Simba's Pride has only two memorable songs for me. 'We Are One' is excellent and feels like a Lion King song, and 'He Lives In You' was made right after the first movie, and fits in with its spirit. But the other SP songs just don't resonate well with me, and I have a hard time remembering them.
Along with the songs, the score doesn't compare to what Hans Zimmer did with the first movie.

Then the few character and plot issues just leave Simba's Pride as a worthy addition to The Lion King, but Simba's Pride doesn't outshine its predecessor.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Movies