Overall Opinion of SP.

Simba's Pride General Thoughts (Ratings)

1 - This movie is an utter disgrace to the Lion King franchise. Such a horrible, sickeningly bad movie should never have been made. There is not a single redeeming quality about this film.
No votes
2 - This movie was horrible. It only had a few tiny parts I found enjoyable. An unentertaining, unpleasent and unneeded addition to the Lion King.
3%
3 - Has a few small redeeming qualities but not enough to pull this movie from the dirt. I somewhat like a few of the characters, most of them I dislike. Should not have been made, but there are a few sequels worse than this.
6%
4 - Just not a good film, honestly. It was cute, some of the characters were alright but it just lacked the same substance The Lion King had. Maybe for the kids, but I didn't enjoy this film very much.
11%
5 - Mediocre. Some memorable moments, but overall a forgettable though not horrible movie. I'm not a fan of the characters, and I feel this movie was just 'meh' all the way through, not exciting or compelling.
3%
6 - A little better than just mediocre, with catchy songs and nice characters. Although the plot wasn't marvelous, it was still enough to push the film up. I think it wasn't a masterpiece, but a nice little movie to watch with the kids.
6%
7 - A pretty nice movie. I like most of the characters, although I don't exactly love them. I think this was a good addition to the original, and I would watch it again.
10%
8 - A very good addition to TLK, with memorable songs, a clever plot and some unique, new characters to watch. A few general flaws, sure, but not enough to makes this movie bad. I quite like the film.
26%
9 - Excellent movie that I wouldn't mind watching if given the choice. Great music, great story, and truly loveable characters. A worthy addition to TLK. Almost a masterpiece, there were tiny little flaws that drug it down just a little.
23%
10 - A perfect, absolutely amazing film I can watch again and again. Even better than TLK? Perhaps. I love this film and every character, it does a great job of completing the Circle of Life.
11%

Total votes : 62

Re: Overall Opinion of SP.

Postby Biomac » September 22nd, 2012, 3:59 pm

10 :smug: . Great plot, great design, great characters, great songs, and magic what do you want more 8-) ?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby SimbasMate » November 24th, 2012, 1:33 am

I picked numbero 8!
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby ScarsLove » November 27th, 2012, 7:57 pm

I'm stuck between 6/7. The movie is one of the better Disney sequels because there are far worse.. *cough* HoND 2 *cringe* Now that's an abomination. But anyways...

Plot: It's a poor rendition of Romeo and Juliet. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw a plot like this one.. well lets just say I'd be a millionaire.

Characters: I will say that they did have some interesting designs for their characters. All of the outsiders were unique and had great designs, especially Nuka and Zira. But Nala... oh dear god why Nala! They had to literally soak her in bleach for months to get her that light, get her contacts to make her eyes that blue, and where did your sassy/fiery personality go. Now you're just a boring house wife who has to support her big strong husband. Pfft.. where's the Nala that risked her life for her pride!? I wanna see her again. And Simba! Y U SO FAT!!? Just kidding, but in all seriousness why does he look so weird. He had a good design in the first movie that made him a good mix between his mother and father. But they're really trying to push him to look like Mufasa aren't they!? Mufasa had a very strong face, and he was extremely masculine for a lion. Simba just looks like they filled him with air and didn't know when to stop. I'm surprised he doesn't spontaneously combust at any given moment.

Animation: TLK wins this. Nuff' said.

Songs:
He lives in you - Liked it
We are one - Liked it
My lullaby - Loved it
Love will find a way - Loved it
Upendi - :disgust4:
Not one of us - Liked it

Main Character: Lets just say I'm not a big fan of Kiara.. :(

Villain: Scar wins! H'es one bad mother fudger :sinister:

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Loomi » November 29th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I voted option 8. I really liked this movie. It's not perfect, like the Nala thing was quite annoying, but all in all I really loved the music. I could listen to the soundtrack over and over, and don' actually hate Updendi as much as everyone else does! Hehe.

Compared to some of the other movies that Disney has butchered with awful sequels, I think we got off lightly with Simba's Pride!
Image Image Image
Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect
all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
characters belong to me <3
Loomi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tends to fall over

Pride Points: 5

Postby MooLion » December 4th, 2012, 5:55 pm

[quote="DatLioness"] Simba just looks like they filled him with air and didn't know when to stop. I'm surprised he doesn't spontaneously combust at any given moment. [/quote]

Teeheehee. :awesumface:
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby PrincessKiara » December 16th, 2012, 12:41 pm

[quote="Loomi"]Compared to some of the other movies that Disney has butchered with awful sequels, I think we got off lightly with Simba's Pride![/quote]

That is very true. When it comes to Disney sequels, I think Simba`s Pride and Bambi 2 (though that was techincally a mid-quel) are the best by far.

When I first watched SP (back when it was released) I hated it, but I decided to give it a fair chance, and it quickly grew on me. I learned to love the new charactes, and although SP certainly has its flaws, it`s overall a good movie and a decent followup in my opinion.
Also, like someone else mentioned, we need to remember that making a sequel to TLK, which is such an epic movie and insane succsess, is kinda like going on stage after the Beatles... a very tough act to follow, and pretty much impossible to top.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Sigurd » March 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I give it a 7. The plot mediocre, the animation isnt as good as the original, but damn how much I like the songs.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Postby Ninaroja » May 13th, 2013, 11:20 pm

The plot of TLK2 is very bland and predictable, in my opinion :/ Though as others have said I do agree it is one of the better Disney sequels
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby KingCub » May 14th, 2013, 6:16 pm

I liked it! Not as much as the first, but still very good.

I found the plot original, especially in the the ending. I liked all of the characters, and how they all interacted with each other. Most of the songs where good, with only one or two being as memorable as some of the songs in the first movie.

I think some of the timing could be better, such as Kovu's personality changing WAY to fast...and a few other problems here and there. But I liked it, a 9.5/10 from me.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Previous

Return to The Movies