Love it or Hate it?

TLK3: Love it or hate it?

Love it! Funny as hell!
37%
Hate it. It's an insult, can we please burn every copy?
29%
Not taking sides!
29%
How dare you make this thread, Snowy, you're starting drama.
4%

Total votes : 78

Re: Love it or Hate it?

Postby ScarsLove » November 1st, 2012, 4:42 am

It's a way for Disney to milk the remnants of The Lion King franchise for more money. They thought it would be funny and hip to make a movie about the world's most annoying comedy relief. New age Disney, Pumbaa and every other cash in movie can take a long walk off a short pier. The only thing that I remotely like about this movie is Timon's mother because she reminds me of my mother. Uncle Max is okay.. same goes for Timon.. but these characters can't save the movie.

I literally cringe every time I remember that Scar is in this movie. How could they spit on such an awesome character by putting him in this abomination!! :furious4: *rant over*

( Yes, I get way to serious about this stuff. Sue me. :lol: )

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Sigurd » March 29th, 2013, 6:12 am

Not that good, but I cant say its and insult either.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Sarafina_ » April 30th, 2013, 9:59 pm

It's not as good as SP or as awesome as TLK, but I liked it. I think it tells us more about what happened during the original TLK. I don't have any better explanation in English.
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

Postby MooLion » May 14th, 2013, 3:21 pm

I think I already said this, but arghhhh, really dislike how the characters (excluding Pumbaa and the meerkats) were animated in this. What's up with the hyenas?! They just look so wrong to me in appearance and movement. Other sequels do better jobs of matching the character, so it's not like the time between TLK and this film is a great excuse, really.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ananda » May 30th, 2013, 10:46 am

I LOVE it.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ninaroja » June 5th, 2013, 12:50 am

Better than Simba's Pride.

There. I said it.

* prepares for hate :P *
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Timon the great » June 6th, 2013, 7:57 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]Better than Simba's Pride.

There. I said it.

* prepares for hate :P *[/quote]
Nonsense! Image

I'm really happy to see some more higher-end support to this film in the two posts above. And I definitely agree that it's better than TLK 2, because TLK 3 formula just fits the original much better.

On a side note, I find this film to be better in a couple of ways than the first two. And nope. Even though the meerkat is a great part on this, it's not just because of Him being in it.

[quote="FlipMode"]As a film yes it is pretty good and quite funny. As an entry to the series... eh not so much but I do not think it is as bad as some say it is, it just is not as good as the first two films before it but hey who knows, one day they might make a TLK4 and it might be abysmal; then I think everyone will appreciate this film more, saying that "the first three originals are the only true TLK films!"[/quote]
I highly disagree with it being the worst entry in the series. Image

But nevertheless, this is exactly why I do not favor a fourth film. Then again, if one is to be made nowadays, it'd definitely take away A Lot of the hits this film has taken here and out there.

[quote="TheDoctor"]I'm trying to keep my six-year-old brother from finding out about/watching TLK1½; I think that tells you quite clearly what I think of it xD[/quote]
What?!? I Really don't even... Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Titanics Captain » July 11th, 2013, 1:26 pm

I don't like, but I don't REALLY REALLY hate it. I don't loathe it.
So I voted Not taking sides.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby Tsuki » July 15th, 2013, 3:28 pm

I can't stand this film and pretend it never happened. It completely ruined the first one for me. Although, I did like seeing Simba as a teen. Otherwise yeh it never happened IMO.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Sarafina_ » October 12th, 2013, 9:27 am

I dont actually love it or hate it.
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies